Sign in to follow this  
KevinAu

Aircraft numbering inside Aircraft.txt file

Guest Stamatis

Does the aircraft numbering inside the Aircraft.txt file need to be sequential?Stamatis

Guest Captain Barfbag

No, you can have spaces. I don't know what the limit is, but I'd avoid using negative numbers, pi, or anything larger than 32767.Project AI has provided a suggested numbering scheme based on Airline Names. It's the only proposed standard I've seen.

Guest Stamatis

Captain,Seems I was not clear with my question.By "sequential" I meant if the numbering has to be AC#1 followed by AC#2 followed by AC#3 and so on, as opposed to AC#1 followed by AC#203 followed by AC#1005 followed by AC#2.Stamatis

Hi Stamatis,The AC# is not sequential. You can give any number.They must be the same you use in the flightplan.No problem if you step from AC#36 to AC#100 or so.If you follow it with a lower number. Just try it out.Regards,Cees

Guest Captain Barfbag

I rearranged some of the lines in my aircraft.txt file and re-ran Tcompiler. No problem. I suspect that if you run T-DE-compiler it might put things back in order again, but I haven't tried that.Personally, I think it's just easier to keep them in order so I can find them quickly when adding new flightplans. On the other hand, I intentionally leave gaps which I fill in when a new aircraft becomes available so I can keep my aircraft organized, either by airline or by type.

Guest hermes

max is 65535 ; see http://forums.projectai.com/dcboard.cgi?az...orum=DCForumID2if you have higher numbers it compiles without problem but if you decompile numbers greater than 65535 are changed in aircraft.txt and did not match with flightplan.txt.it seems numbers must be sequential but you can let "holes" (sorry bad english) ;-)

Guest Stamatis

it seems numbers must be sequential but you can let "holes"And I thought we just agreed that numbering does not need to be sequential :-)Stamatis