Sign in to follow this  

AITM Question

I use AFCAD and AITM to manipulate my AI traffic, but I seem to be having a problem getting cargo aircraft to work properly. Currently I have a timetable in AITM that has two cargo aircraft arriving in the mornings and departing in late afternoon. The object being to have them sitting at the cargo area all day. The schedule is as follows:Aircraft #1 Arrives KMAF from KSTL at 5:44, Departs KMAF for KSTL at 17:00Aircraft #2 Arrives KMAF from KMEM at 6:30, Departs KMAF for KMEM at 18:00Looks good on paper, but in reality the aircraft do not show up in the day, there are only making an appearance at night and sit overnight.All of my other aircraft in the flightplan work as they should and I have double checked the parking in AFCAD and it is fine.Does anyone have a suggestion of a fix to get the cargo aircraft to "park" in the day and not a night?Thank you,Tom Burnett

Maybe a problem with UTC vs local time? Check yourflightplan with GMT +0 and make sure the times areincreasing (assuming this is a 24hr repeat).Especially aircraft #2 appears to depart at 0000 UTC.scott s..

Scott,Thanks for the reply. The current flightplan is GMT+6. I did as you suggested and looked at the schedule and it really did not show me any difference in terms of the amount of time the planes should be on the ground.Any other suggestions?

Guest Stamatis

Can you copy the exact flightplan lines as they appear inside your flightplans.txt file?Stamatis

Here is the actual text from the flightplan.txt file:AC#9,N700MS,50%,24Hr,IFR,22:00:00,23:44:00,310,F,12,KMAF,11:00:00,12:44:00,330,F,11,KSTLAC#83,N700MS,50%,24Hr,IFR,23:00:00,00:33:00,310,F,23,KMAF,12:00:00,13:33:00,330,F,24,KMEMThe local time is GMT+6.Do you see anything that I am overlooking?Thanks,

Guest Stamatis

I definitely do.You write in your first message:Aircraft #1 Arrives KMAF from KSTL at 5:44, Departs KMAF for KSTL at 17:00Aircraft #2 Arrives KMAF from KMEM at 6:30, Departs KMAF for KMEM at 18:00But according to your lines in flightplan.txt AC#9 is supposed to be at KMAF from 23:44 UTC until 11:00 UTC the next day and AC#83 is supposed to be at KMAF from 00:33 UTC until 12:00 UTC the next day.Allowing for Time variation due to Time Zone AC#9 is supposed to be at KMAF from 17:44 local time until 05:00 local time the next day and AC#83 is supposed to be at KMAF from 18:33 local time until 06:00 local time the next day.This is why you see them there at night time.Stamatis

Thanks for the information. I corrected the entries as per the following attachments, but the cargo planes still only show up at night. I manually checked the flightplan.txt file and it corresponds with my AITM entries. Any further suggestions?

Using the data in your screenshot, your flight AC#9leaves KMAF at 0500 local (GMT -6) for KSTL, and thenreturns at 1743. Try reversing the order of your legsthis way:set the time to GMT.Now you see the first leg leaves at 1100 GMT arrives 1243(I'm using a 777 so my flight time is slightly off). This should be from KSTL to KMAF. Then next leg at 2200 GMT arrives 2343 GMT. This should be from KMAF to KSTL.Observe the departure times of each leg increase from 0000 GMT to 2359 GMT (the last arrival can be after midnight, ie, next day GMT.BTW, on a WEEK plan, must also increase days of week with Sunday = 0 and saturday = 6.)Now set the display to local time GMT -6. See that the first leg arrives KMAF at 0643 local and departs 1600 local.Compile and go!scott s..

Guest Stamatis

Another mistake that I notice looking at your screenshots:The Time Zone difference at KMAF is GMT-6, not GMT+6 as you have entered.Stamatis

Scott & Stamatis,Thank you both for your help. I have corrected the problem and all is well. Reprogramming as per Scott and catching the correct GMT solved the problem.Thanks again,Tom