Sign in to follow this  
ls25

AI troubles!

Hey all!I have totally ripped all AI out of FS2k2, & reinstalled everything manually. I corrected all the missing aircraft, I also corrected the incorrect flight levels through AITM. I then attempted to correct the incorrect flight times reported by AITM. I let it do its thing, said they are all repaired.I save the new flightplan.txt file & recompile. I then decompile with the newly installed flightplan.txt, & run it through AITM for errors, all are gone, BUT!!! the time issues. & there are LOTS of them! So, I either need to know how to correct these manually, or why AITM is not correcting them, so I can get them fixed, because I am missing a LOT of aircraft due to the time issues!Thanks in advance!

Don't ever decompile flightplans,that's only way to avoide the issue.Matt

Alright, I got that little problem fixed. Now, I have another issue that is bugging me.I live, used to work, & fly out of Nashville Airport (KBNA). I do most of my flights in FS as originators out of BNA, into another city & then back into BNA. For that reason, I want the AI there to be the EXACT same as the real airport, so...I have all of the airlines that fly out of BNA installed. I go to AITM, & there are no errors in the 5 scans it runs. I check the times for a certain day, & all of the aircraft that AITM says should be there, are there... Except 1. Continental is installed, showing no problems, and yet they showup no where.That is a minor issue, as I will deal with 1 airline missing. But help would be great!Thanks in advance!

Stupid question, but do you have sufficient gates with the correct radius for the COA aircraft?

Hey, sorry... was stupid of me not to put that in at first, yeah... There are PLENTY of gates. I have gone to quite a few airports now (about 20 total) & COA is at none of them.So, I guess it is something with the install, so I don't know what to do now.

How many CO planes are you using? Perhaps they are just not showing up in the sim. Try loading them in the Select Aircraft menu. Are they there? Does an AIR file editor show the Type as 0 or 2? (normal or AI). If 2, then make it 0 and try to load the plane. If they don't show up in the Select Aircraft menu, then you have problems with your planes.Also, an earlier thread has a good point - load the CO planes into the Aircraft Editor in AITM and check the Radius value - if it's too big for your parking spaces it will never show up.Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Alright! Thanks for all the replies!Still not working... I checked Radius' in the sim with AFCAD, and aircraft radius of the aircraft with AITM. All of the gates are a good deal oversized for the aircraft, not a single gate at the airport is undersized. I also checked the area where the most gates are usually open & they are all well oversized for what the 735's need.I can load the PIA Continental aircraft up from inside the sim, so that is not a problem either! I am at a loss at this point.Thanks!

Guest Captain Barfbag

Do you get the error at the start of AITM about missing aircraft? This is an indication that the text line in aircraft.txt does not match any of the description lines in the many aircraft.cfg files. There could also be a problem if the aircraft.cfg file is incorrect. For instance, bad .air files might not show up until flight time.Try this - leave everything the way it is, but change the description in your aircraft.txt file to the one that comes with the Sopwith Camel. If you end up with a lot of biplanes, then your problem is that the sim just can't find this aircraft, even though all the TTools stuff is correct.

The most likely cause of this is the numbering in aircraft.cfg is off.Go thru and look for the lines that say:[fltsim.X]If the X is not in exactly correct order with no missing numbers, any aircraft after where the problem is won't show up. For example if you have it as[fltsim.0][fltsim.2][fltsim.4][fltsim.5]since there is no [fltsim.3] then the aircraft under 4 and 5 won't show up.AITM doesn't find this error.Matt

Thanks again for the help guys!I will run through & check all of the suggestions & post back when I can with what I found!Thank you all again!

Alright all!Got the Continental to show up. Turns out there were duplicate flight plans, & aircraft names installed, so I delted the dupe aircraft names from the Aircraft.txt file, & recompiled, all is well.So, now, I just need to get rid of the dupe flights, which AITM is not detecting for some reason, but thats not a big deal at all!Thanks again for all of your help! You guys are great!only bad part about today is that I took a Katana D20 from KMQY to KMEM to a small part for another katana @ the local FBO, & had some nasty turbulence coming back into MQY. In that small plane, it was getting old trying to hold the aircraft straight & level, but.. Got down safe!See you all!