Sign in to follow this  

IFR Readback

HiI have noticed in testing out my custom flightplans that at my small airport (CYXC), when aircraft starts, the pilot states "Ready to copy IFR clearance to ...where ever", ATC reads clearance and there is a readback. After this taxi instructions are given. However in major airports I am working with, (CYYC and CYVR) no "Ready to copy .. dialog takes place .. only taxi intructions. Do others experience this as well or know why?Also I am having quite a bit of trouble with the GMT times. They seem too change randomly from what I enter in the .txt file to what is compiled. It's become a real hit& miss thing. Anyone else having this problem.TIAVern

Guest Captain Barfbag

TTools calculates arrival time based on departure time, distance and aircraft speed. Generally, whatever you put into the arrival time field will be overwritten. It will not be replaced with random numbers. There is a way to force TTools to use the provided arrival time. Check the documentation for that. I've noticed that the departure time sometimes moves by a few seconds. This is also documented.

Thanks for the reply. When I was referring to trouble with GMT calculations for departure time I was meaning out by 2 hours, not a few seconds. In any event the answer appears to be in the Q&A in that I was using selecting local time instead of GMT in FS to see the departing/arriving time. That seems to have sorted this out. However the IFR Flightplan readbacks (or lack of) still has me baffled.BestVern

At major airports the IFR clearance is communicated on a different frequency. Once the flight plan is approved the pilot is asked to change frequency to Ground.Ground will then clear the taxi procedure until the aircraft is ready for take off...So, to hear the IFR clearance at a major airport you will have to tune in 'Clearance Delivery'.On smaller fields clearance for flightplan and taxi is given on the same frequency.Hope I could help.Frank