Sign in to follow this  

HELP! AI Aircraft Stopping On Taxiway

Hi,Just wondering if someone can help me, I have noticed at one of the airports in FS2002 (YMML) which I fly in/out of alot seems to have a problem with the taxiway that leads onto the runway. Every so often a AI aircraft would reach the end of the taxiway waiting to enter the runway and then not move at all causing the traffic to bank up. After a while the aircraft dissapears and then the traffic moves as normal until about 10 mins later when the next AI gets stuck.Can anyone help me?Thanks

Hi BenoI too have had this problem at a number of airports and my solution was to add in extra "blue" nodes on both runways and taxiways off the runway.It seems some aircraft have a limited range between the nodes and can't figure out how to move onwards. The additional nodes asssists them in finding their way.CheersMike

Hi Beno and Mike,This problem is indeed very strange, but it is not directly related to the distance between two nodes (as long they are on a straight line). Firstly, the holding node may not be too far from the runway. But, even when the holding node works normally for the first plane the second and following ones can indeed still stuck, in particular when they still have to perform a turn before reaching the holding node. The remedy is indeed to put an extra node between the holding point and the (stucking)node.Cheers