Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Voicepack virus

After doing a complete re-install on my comp and running the voicepack exe., my anti-virus is telling me that it contains a virus (Win32:Alcaul-A4 [Wrm]) Has anyone else had this problem?

Guest lmoelleb

1) What antivirus program do you use? Did you get the latest updates for it.2) voicepack exe - what is that? The executable of EditVoicepack? If yes, which version?When something like this happens, the first thing to do is to check the for updates of your antivirus program - in case it is a false alarm, there is a chance it is fixed. Next, check the online virus info of the antivirus software you use (it is a good idea to check a couple of sites, but please be aware that the names used for virusses are not 100% identical, so if you can't find it, it does not mean it can't be found with other anti-virus software). Read the description and make sure that the file could be infected. If it can't send it to your AV provider so they can fix their detection files. Next, try to contact the author of the file (if it is EditVoicepack that would be me). They should be able to get you the original length of the file (in case the virus makes it longer, read the online description) or other information to check that the file has not been modified on your system (checksum etc). If the change is on your side, you have a problem (could be a virus). If the file is not modified, it is either infected origianlly, or it's a false alarm (again, send the fuile to your AV provide so they can fix the problem)./Lars

Thanks Lars. This is a nightmare. Everytime I try to run Editvoicepack, Avast says there is a virus in C:DOCUME~1MickLOCALS~1Temphpglid65.dll, which is nothing to do with your program. I then move it to the chest and try running the program again and it says I have a virus in another .dll file with a completly different name. When I make a search for the .dll file it does not exist, but after movin these to the chest your program will not run. Have got the latest virus update etc. When I look in the chest there are the deleted files.

You need to stop trying to run programs and run a deep virus scan on your system. You probably have a mining virus that is continuing to infect your computer.You probably need to do a cold boot virus scan with a known clean boot disk to eliminate. Your virus software should tell you how to do the various scans.