Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

next step after manual texture install

Well you are at the beginning of a new and rewarding time.You have successfully installed the aircraft- well done.In order to have the aircraft recognized as AI traffic you need to do two things.1) Allocate numberCall up your list of aircraft.txt in your text editor and you will see all the AC#.... numbers and titles such as AC#1273,405,"B737-400 Qantas" or whatever numbering system is there.You need a new number for your Northwest aircraft. Insert a new line and add the new number and then the description exactly as you have it on your aircraft.cfgTo be really safe I would recommend that you copy and paste the description - even an extra blank will stop the aircraft showing.2) Insert flightplanCall up your flightplans.txt and either insert a new completely new line, or even easier for a first time, change an existing AC#1273 or whatever to your new AC# number. Change as many as you want. Add as many as you want.Then use TCompiler.exe This inserts into FS2002 your new aircraft and flightplans for that aircraft.Hope this helps you over that hurdle.CheersMike

well i have done as you say and everything is fine except for one little problem...duplicate flights.i sat at the runway as KMSP and waited to hear Northwest ask for taxi and i got it. then right after the first one, another pilot comes up and uses the same flight number.leave it to me to screw up something!i should mention that i also have duplicate flights for Olympic airlines, but those were installed with the PAI auto installer...it does not matter much since i rarely go to Athens. Northwest is another story.

i have done my first manual installation of textures for Northwest airlines and all the planes show up fine on the FS aircraft select screen.i know that there are a few steps left to go to see these planes in the air but here's where i am a bit cloudy on the issue...do i cut or copy the aircraft txt. files and place them into the aircraft txt. in TTools and then do the same for the flight plans? if so, i know there is a compile and/or decompile involved somewhere so where and when should i run that?(these are unoffical files and from PAI). the main plane select screen looks like this: