Sign in to follow this  

Help please: FS2002 hanging after use AFCAD

Hello all,i was a reasonably active flightsimmer up to summer 2000, due to time constraints (university), and a old PC which couldn't run FS2000, I've been inactive up to now and I want to start again, also as I have a up-to-date PC again.I ditched FS2000 seeing that this has been superseeded by FS2002 in this time while I was inactive.One of the main attractions for me in FS2002 was the AI traffic. So when I installed my copy of it, I started adding AI and editing the airfields using AFCAD (tried 1.3 and 1.4). Here my problem started. After using AFCAD FS2002 'hang' during loading, at 9% of the indexing new facilities (the third progrees bar you see).I've done the following sofar:-restoring the 'original' .bgl files in scenedbafdfilesscenery, this returned FS2002 to working form.-Looked at the AFCAD documentation, it mentioned one .bgl file which was corrupt in the earlier copies. I checked, this .bgl file is ok in my version.-Made a small change in an default FS2002 airport file with AFCAD (added a starting position) and saved, to verify that the add-on AFCAD files were not the problem. I still got the problem, indicating that the default FS2002 files caused the problem.-Searched the web, especially this forum, for a answer. No luck sofar.-I used the scanbgl program to check my default .bgl files. I got the following result:"Listing from facility BGL file scan.The program detected no BGL file format errors.The following facility BGL file(s) were found to have an abnormal checksum.Files of this type do not contain airports and should never change after.being installed. Having an abnormal checksum indicates they have either beenaltered, or they are corrupt. This can cause problems for FS2002.You can get fresh copies of these files from the FS2002 CD 2, they are in thefolder SCENEDBATCSCENERY . Replace these files with fresh copies and runthis scanner again. If the files still come up with an abnormal checksum thenthey may be corrupt on the CD. You should try to get a replacement copy fromsomewhere elseD:Gamesfs2002scenedbATCscenerygeopol37.bgl (Stock file) 185 KB 7/23/2001D:Gamesfs2002scenedbATCscenerygeopol36.bgl (Stock file) 214 KB 7/23/2001D:Gamesfs2002scenedbATCscenerygeopol28.bgl (Stock file) 159 KB 7/23/2001D:Gamesfs2002scenedbATCscenerybvcf10203.bgl (Stock file) 90 KB 8/19/2001D:Gamesfs2002scenedbATCscenerybvc42324.bgl (Stock file) 47 KB 5/26/2001"I replaced these files with the originals from the CD, problem persisted.On basis of this I would like to ask the following questions:-Could these (corrupt?) files cause the problem-Does the scanbgl program report these errors with people where the adding of airport data with AFCAD works.-Are my versions of these files identical to the ones of people where the adding of airport data with AFCAD works. I've added the size and date of the files for comparison.-If my version of these files is different, ie are corrupt, can anybody e-mail me with working versions? Any help would be appreciated.Regards,Menno

follow-up, I has gotten even more complexer, as far as I understand the structure of FS2002.The problems started when I had instaaled the freeware Netherlands 2000 package and a freeware Charles de Gualle (Paris airport) scenery, and tried to add the AFCAD files. This is when FS2002 hang and by restoring the original files I was abel to get it working again. Now I tried to install the freeware Osaka Itami and Tokyo Haneda scenery, and now FS2002 started hanging when I installed the basic scenery, even before adding the AFCAD files. I have no idea where the root of the problem is.By deactivating these sceneries in the scenery.cfg file FS2002 worked again. Afterwards I installed anoher scenery (Brussels airport, just the airport, did not install the AFCAD txt file yet)and this worked without any problem.So, I have the following:-Installing AFCAD files causes FS2002 to hang-Some sceneries cause it to hang, even before adding the AFCAD files.I'm haven't got a real grasp on how the scenery internals of FS2002 work, so I'm at loss finding a solution.Any help on this subject would therfore be greatly appreciated.Regards,Menno

Problem solved!The files were corrupt, I received copies from somebody else form an identical posting on the Project AI forum, these worked.For anyone who was going to react to this posting, thanks anyway.Menno