Sign in to follow this  

Strange behavior with overlay at UUEE

Hi all,This problem might have been raised on this forum, but anyhow I didn't find it.I have Sheremetyevo (Moscow) with two parallel runways and made an overlay afcad for the two separate apron's (Domestic) UUE1 and International UUEE. So, each side has its own runway (and only one). Strange enough, the planes which land on UUEE taxi first a few meters to the right terminal, then make a turn and finally go to the wrong apron, although no taxiways are drawn in this overlay part of the airport. So, while UUEE becomes gradually empty, UUE1 is filling upAny ideas? Capt Barfbag?Robert

Guest Captain Barfbag

It looks like you need to move the airport reference points. Those are the little pink crosses that come up dead center when you open an airport in AFCAD. You can drag it around with the mouse.Arriving aircraft will go to the overlay they are closest to when then contact ground. With parallel runways, it's easy to set up the reference points - just put them in the center of the runway for each overlay. Geometrically, any point on the runway will always be closest to the desired overlay's reference point.If you don't already have it, get the UUEE scenery at uuee003.zip, plus a couple of small updates. It's a big file, but not too bad on the framerates.

Thanks for the answer.I thought it might be something like that because I have found now a former post in the forum in which a certain Matt gave an answer in that direction.A next question: If I drag the reference point will the coordinates change accordingly, in other words will the afcad remain on the same spot?I am using the new UUEE003. Nice bit of scenery.Cheers

Yes, all the reference point does it tell landing aircraft which overlay to go to and which airport to contact when on the ground.The aircraft will use whatever overlay has the closest ref point. So if an aircraft lands on Overlay 2, but when it stops on the runway, it is closer to the Ref Point for Overlay 1, it will try to go to Overlay 1, which will cause big problems.Matt

Hi all,Thank you for your information. That was indeed the problem and is solved now.Cheers