Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

Static Aircraft

Guest enave

Is there a way to place static aircraft at an airport? For example, I'd like to have a few rows of F-15s at an AFB, but I don't really need them to fly around.

Two ways:1. Find the F-15's you want and then use something like MDLDIASS - http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/tdestig/id17.htm - to get to the source code then recompile to a *.bgl. You will then need to place the aircraft at the LAT/LON you want.2. Find the F-15's you want and make AI flightplans for the aircraft so that they are normally parked during the times you use flight simulator.I think two above would be much easier to implement and make changes when desired.

Guest enave

Thanks for the tip. option #1 sounds like placing scenery. I think that is the way to go unless there is some way to specify how long an aircraft will stay parked before a scheduled flight.

I have several locations where I have "static" planes (i.e. lined up at the Douglas factory in Santa Monica), and I used the normal AI method (method 2). I have them set on 24 hr flight plans to leave the airport and return back to the same airport, all around 3 am (when I never fly there). They just sit there all day... You can also have them all fly to another local airport, and then fly right back (before dawn).Hope this helps,