Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Question on AITM

My question is...I have added some aircraft to my aircraft folder....they show up on my list in FS, so I know they are there....but when I open Traffic Mover and go into Flight plan aircraft (the top have saying something like aircraft in red not loaded into FS) Now I know they are there...I can see them on my list...so what am I doing wrong???? Why do they not show up there but down below in aircraft used in flight plans...all of my aircraft are blue (meaning they are used, correct???) By the way I use yroute to add aircraft...then copy the aircraft.txt file to traffic mover. Maybe there is the problem???? Need help it is driving me bonkers......Jeff :-hang

Oh I also made description changes to some default AI aircraft in FS...and yroute added those as completely new aircraft...whats up with that....Jeff

Well, I guess you answered your own question but didn't realize it! You must have the exact title of the aircraft in the aircraft.txt file that is listed in the aircraft.cfg file.I once had an instance where the title in the aircraft.cfg file had blanks after it and when I typed it into aircraft.txt I didn't type the blanks. Why because I didn't know they were there in the aircraft.cfg file!!I would look for differences in the aircraft.cfg and aircraft.txt files.

That's why it is good to use the Aircraft Editor tool in AITM to create "titles" that are meaningful. The title is what is used for the traffic database, and the ttools compiler links the title in aircraft.txt to specific flight plans in flightplans.txt using the aircraft number. That's why you need to assign titles to numbersin the AITM flightplan aircraft editor. You can use AITM to assign an existing number (for which default or edited plans exist) to a new title. The numbers are aribtary, except certain 3rd party installers (for example I think PAI does this) reserve numbers for their own purposes so they don't accidently install aircraft "over" existing ones by using the same aircraft number.I guess it doesn't hurt anything to have every aircraft on your system assigned a number in a master aircraft.txt file, but I haven't done this.scott s..