Sign in to follow this  

FSMaintaince - really great, my first flight

way cool, the thing i like the most about it is, it seems that the failures are more realisticly timed. in other words i hated the default 2002 failures, it just seemed that they would happen way to often!! even set at 98%i just flew a B736 for a va and here is my "score"ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

odd.. mmm my score says 0% but yet it gives me excellent rating, the dox dont clear this up, unless i just missed it somewhere. i think that 0 is 100$ and anything less would be a negative percentage.. ??anyone else on this??ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Yes that was a great flight. The score is in negative numbers. The higher the negative number the more it cost you.Beta tester FSMBob Johnson

Guest Scott Campbell

Then you'd think the ratings should be "Pilot Deduction" or "Pilot Penalty Score" and "Passenger Complaints Deduction" or "Passenger discomfort"...or something along those lines.

Guest Edam

I received a "Not Good." Why? I kept getting "Excessive Taxi Speed" every two minutes throughout the flight.I've never taxied at 11,000 feet before today.

If you take a look at his screen shot. There is a place for PAX Comf Penalty and Pilot penalty. If those were negative then you would lose money and rating.Beta Tester FSMBob Johnson (KMIE)

Guest Scott Campbell

Bob,I got that, but the percentage needs something to indicate 0% is a good thing.Maybe just a heading line above Pilot Rating and Pax Confort Rating: "Negative percentage" or something?

>way cool, the thing i like the most about it is, it seems >that the failures are more realisticly timed. in other >words i hated the default 2002 failures, it just seemed that >they would happen way to often!! even set at 98% They are in fact not 'timed' but generated at random. What is special is that the random factor depends on the wear and tear and the condition during the flight. As long as a system has a System Damage Score over [70] it is considered to be in good (normal) condition. When it drops below [70] it needs to be repaired or needs maintenance. A system that drops below [70] has an ever increasing chance of failing and when it is at [0] it is almost certain to fail in minutes.Darned good flight btw, you are a good pilot. I never managed to fly for 40 minutes with FSM without getting at least some penalties.I think it is time you screw down the settings in the BlackBox.cfg file to make life a bit harder on yourself :-) When you do inform us so we know what you still find acceptable. During the beta tests we had to lower the settings a bit to avoid getting to much penalties logged. For example, normal airline operations do not allow bank angels of 30 degrees or more because pax don't feel happy about it. But FSM allows a bit more because we noticed that many pilots simply could not accpt that.Mathijs KokLAGO

>Maybe just a heading line above Pilot Rating and Pax Confort >Rating: "Negative percentage" or something? Good comment, I'll see that it is corrected in some way. Next week we got to do some patching anyway because we get a lot of comments from users about things that could be improved. Most of the comments are real useful, just as yours is.If you work with software for months on end it is often hard to see these 'obvious' things.Mathijs KokLAGO

>I received a "Not Good." Why? I kept getting "Excessive Taxi >Speed" every two minutes throughout the flight. >>I've never taxied at 11,000 feet before today. Mmmmmmmm.... Let me check that one out.We have seen this during the beta tests and in those cases it was simply a error in the text. Actually it was a strong turbulence event that was logged but an incorrect text that was shown.Did you fly in turbulence and did if you use FSUIPC you check the chapter on FSUIPC in the manual? Please send me a message at mathijs@lagoonline.com so I can forward it directly to the testers and programmers.Of course if the incorrect text is indeed displayed we will fix it. It is obvious that something is not right.Mathijs KokLAGO

thanks, i tell you though, i was very nervous!! i wanted to nail a perfect score but it came with much preparation and constantly going over procedures, etc. it adds an incredible intensity to the flight, no longer do i just idley fly, but now i find myself paying attention very closely! i had an easy a/c to fly though, a B736 from AFG, i should try the DF B734 after i have studied up a bit more and then see..now, here is an interesting note, i flew my next flight and it was TERRIBLE!! i was experiencing some low drops in fps every 15sec. of flying time, which made it difficult to fly the plane smoothly, but the thing it nailed me on was it said that i was flying at the wrong FL. i was headed west and was at FL350 and i had the black box set to standard.. isnt this correct?? or did i miss something here and i don't know if the scenery stuttering had anything to do with (i kinda wish it does! hehee)i think i got a virus, not sure, cause every a/p was doing it. so i reformatted my h/d today and now so far everything is nice and smooth.oh, btw, i was flying over in the UKciao!Brian S

Ciao!

That program sounds incredible, however, I have a small question. Seeing as I mainly fly small GA aircraft in fs2002, does this program support that aspect of aviation? I have read the description they give and found that it really doesn't give many hints as to the nature of the general aviation support. I would be very glad to hear that it does, since this would be incredible.Scott

I haven't sat down with it but for a few minutes, but from the manuals, the smallest a/c type is the Utility Turboprop class which includes the Caravan, the Baron 58, PC-8,PC-12, and the Cornier 22B. I myself am a fan of the Cessnas & Moonies, so that was my first question. You can add any a/c to lease, but according to the manuals, there will be strange things happen is you use the other a/c. This seems to be the forum to talk about FSM. There's a beta tester over @ the other site, but Mathijs is responding on this thread as well as a beta tester. http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...25d5a9d6a23.gif

>said that i was flying at the wrong FL. i was headed west >and was at FL350 and i had the black box set to standard.. >isnt this correct?? or did i miss something here and i don't >know if the scenery stuttering had anything to do with (i >kinda wish it does! hehee) >>i think i got a virus, not sure, cause every a/p was doing >it. so i reformatted my h/d today and now so far everything >is nice and smooth. >>oh, btw, i was flying over in the UK >>ciao! >Brian S Brian,Over the UK, RVSM applies, westerly directions are even 2000 foot levels, easterly are 2000 foot odd levels.Hope this helps,Greg