Sign in to follow this  

FSMaintaince - really great, my first flight

Go to the Lago folder in the FS2002. In the FSMaint folder there is the blackbox.cfg. Open it and it has all the info on what changes what. Hope that helps.Beta Tester FSMBob Johnson (KMIE)

Bob.Hey, that's the ticket.Although not the most intuitive of interfaces, it will allow me to tweak the parameters.Thank you kind sir for your response. :-wave

>I haven't sat down with it but for a few minutes, but from >the manuals, the smallest a/c type is the Utility Turboprop >class which includes the Caravan, the Baron 58, PC-8,PC-12, >and the Cornier 22B. I myself am a fan of the Cessnas & >Moonies, so that was my first question. You can add any a/c >to lease, but according to the manuals, there will be >strange things happen is you use the other a/c. This seems >to be the forum to talk about FSM. There's a beta tester >over @ the other site, but Mathijs is responding on this >thread as well as a beta tester. You should have no problem using FSMaintenance with smaller aircraft. Simply pick the first category.We started a Uiltity Turboprops because we build a financial model where you are supposed to lease the aircraft and make money flying it. But the rules will stay the same. We'll probably add another class but that will be cosmetic only because there is not need for other parameters.Mathijs KokLAGO

Guest B52Drivr

Mathijs,I downloaded the program, (simple), installed it and on my first try with a King Air 350, the aircraft crashed upon installation. (I was using Pro Flight 2000 which I have made work in 2002. I checked and the problem was the FSUIPC .dll file. I was using the latest 2.84, (latest I have) and it just didn't like Pro Flight. Keep in mind, I love Pro Flight over the standard ATC so anything I buy has to be compatiable. I changed the FSUIPC back to the 2.79 and bingo, it works with PF 2000, using my 727 AA Advanced aircraft and panel.Also interesting, I am using Flight Deck Companion at the same time, with no problems. Interesting premis, however, (and I'm sure you are going to tell me that it is probably an interface problem), but I got wacked about 6 times for altitude and altimeter, when there was no altitude or altimeter problem. (I am using varried altimeter settings according to PF 2000, so that could be the problem.) All in all, I find it interesting to use all three together and it certainly keeps one busy in the cockpit. Although, I'm not sure my airline will ever make any money with the altitude zingers constantly . . . .Just wanted to say that I intend to keep the program and register it Monday, as even with the zingers, it will be cool to keep an eye on the maintenance -- guess I could adjust the 'money' file to pay for repairs of the 'zingers' LOLAnother great product from LAGO . . . I loved FS Traffic for 98/2000, and have FS Scenery for 2002, and now Maintenance --- you guys keep up the brainstorming. I noticed you mentioned a up coming patch, you might think of my zingers, as unimportant as they are.Best Regards and thanks for another fine FS productClayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)B52Drivr@aol.com"Drac"

>Interesting premis, however, (and I'm sure you are going to >tell me that it is probably an interface problem), but I got >wacked about 6 times for altitude and altimeter, when there >was no altitude or altimeter problem. (I am using varried >altimeter settings according to PF 2000, so that could be >the problem.) At this moment two of my other machines are up in the air trying to figure out what could be wrong with those flight levels.>Just wanted to say that I intend to keep the program and >register it Monday, as even with the zingers, it will be >cool to keep an eye on the maintenance -- guess I could >adjust the 'money' file to pay for repairs of the 'zingers' >LOL Of course you can send the bill for the unjustified penalties to Lago. Make it out in Virtual Dollars.>Another great product from LAGO . . . I loved FS Traffic for >98/2000, and have FS Scenery for 2002, and now Maintenance >--- you guys keep up the brainstorming. I noticed you >mentioned a up coming patch, you might think of my zingers, >as unimportant as they are. Thanks for the kind words. We will always try to create products that are way of the beaten track.Mathijs KokLAGO

Just to let you know, we just updated FSMaintenance to fix some of the open issues (in fact all of the open issues we could reproduce in our testing facility (damp cellar, 386 machines, real floppy floppy diskdrives..). You can download the ipdate patch (1.00 to 1.02) at this url; ftp.lagoonline.com/fs2002/fsmaintenance/fsm_102_eng_sp1.zip.Later today I'll update the complete version to 1.02 and remove the 1.00 version.The update contains:-A problem in the flight level detection was corrected.-The FSAssist 2002 PushBack works again (sorry for that nasty bug btw...)-GA aircraft are now accepted in the lowest class.-Several cosmetic changes have been made to avoid items being not 100% clear.-Changes to BlackBox.CFG:.Taxi Speed reduced to 26 knots (was 28 knots).Max Power check now penalizes every 10 seconds (was 12 seconds).G-Load now penalizes under 0.6 and over 1.9 (was 0.5 and 2.0).Bank Angle penalizes now penalizes bank angles over 33 degrees (was 5 degrees).Overspeed now penalizes after 6 failed checks (was 8 checks).Turbulence now penalizes after 6 failed checks (was 12 checks).250 overspeeding now checks for 252 knots to allow some AT unbalance (was 250 knots).Pitch deviation now penalizes every 4 failed checks (was 8 checks).roll out difference now penalizes at 3 degrees (was 5 degrees)Have fun, and if you find more to fix, write me at mathijs@lagoonline.com

Guest Scott Campbell

Mathijs,I've been working with ACLoader for a year+ now and I can completely understand. ;-)(additional)Speaking of that, I was just thinking what it would be like to have ACLoader and FSMaintenance together. The mind boggles. Then all we'd need is Virtual Ticket Agent and we'd be set. ;-)