Sign in to follow this  

AFCAD problem.....

Hi,I installed AFCAD and a scenery related to it recently. I cannot load FS2002 anynore, it hangs up at indexing, and have already done the recommended modifications mentioned in the readme file. I changed the *.original to *.bgl and deleted the old one. I have windows XP home, and have previously installed payware programs such as Turin from Lago. Can anybody help me or give me an idea how I might fix this? I made no backups, so I can't rely on this option( my fault). I am sure this has been posted before, but I had no idea where to start. A link to a post or any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,Regards,Max

How about getting all your AFD files from your CD and replace the whole folder?

Jason, What subdirectory and what files? Is it the SCENERYDB subdirectory? Sorry for my ignorance on this, I've never messed with this part of FS before. Thanks in advance for your help,Regards,Max

The AFD files would be in your fs2002scenedbAFDFILESScenery folder. However, prior to trying to extract all these files from your CDs, download and install afcad140.zip or scanbglsV2.zip, run the scan program to see if it finds corrupted files. If so, then see if the files are default fs2002 or addon files. If default, then retrieve from your CDs. If addon, delete and try reinstalling the file from the zipped file.

Thanks for the info W.Siefert. I did run AFCAD V1.4, but it found no problems. I might have to re-install. regards,Max