Sign in to follow this  
Guest P3_Super_Bee

AFD files question...

Hi, I guess the AFD files are AFCAD generated. They are giving me a headache now, and can't find any trace on them on any of the FS2002 CD's. I suspect they won't be there since they are not MS, but came from the people who made AFCAD. How can I find out how these files work or change them. I need the original source for them. Any help woudl be appreciated,regards,Max

Microsoft has made a set of them for each airport. All AFD files are in a couple CAB files in one of the disks and are named something like Eunwadf.BGL.

If you are having problems, make sure to scan them with Lee Swordy's scanbglsv2.zip file, to find the corrupted ones. They are usually AFD's for addon airports.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Have a similar problem. I can not select any airport in the goto menu that I have installed an AFCAD file. Can select any airport that has a default file. I gave the above suggestion a try, the scanner found one .bgl file no good. I completely removed/uninstalled the scenery file that had the bad .bgl. Still same problem. Ran scanner again, it comes up clean now. Wondering if anyone has a suggestion, before I do the dreaded uninstall MSFS and/or just hit the "restore all airports"(definately the first move) button in AFCAD. But both will be a royal pain in the butt. So thought I'd through this to the guru's and see if someone could come up with something.Background:-added quited a bit of scenery/afcad files this weekend. All seemed to work 4.0. -Only thing I can think of off top of my head is on airport I was modifing the AFCAD, had a real tough go around in placing gates/runways so I just closed AFCAD without saving. then the problem started. I reimported the offending AFCAD, still have problem. (Note this AFCAD work fine till I started to modify it.) -Everytime I load MSFS I get the updated/creating database windows, as if I added scenery/AFCAD files, thoough I have not.-P4 2.53-512 ram-64 mb ATi Radeon 7500- WinXP homeThanks, :-outtahttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...43942b48d2b.jpg