Sign in to follow this  
Guest dodger

ai aircraft

Guest dodger

hello all, help please , i am trying to get my first flight plan from klas/2las,las vagas,to klax/2lax los angles, i have aardvark 737-400 alaska blue, but i can not get anything, i copy in the title from the cg file,go to ttools aircraft txe and copy it in, go to flight plans, copy AC#5,N774AS,50%,24Hr,10:00:00,00:00:00,150,f,2323,KLAX,14:00:00,00:00:00,140,F,3232,KLAS. i also have tried the same with the overlay 2las/2lax but have had no luck, now to go to las vagas at 0958local time in 2002 ,i wait but i don!t see anything, i read that you use gmt, i may be a bit thick but if i put in gmt its dark ,can you understand what i mean, i am nearly bald !!!!i keep reading ttools over and over again and i still can!t fix it, by the way i do compile etc, any help would be appreciated thanks, regards.

Guest Joshieca

You say that you want to go to 2LAX/2LAS (your overlay airports) but your flight plan only shows for KLAX & KLAS.AC#5,N774AS,50%,24Hr,10:00:00,00:00:00,150,f,2323,KLAX,14:00:00,00:00:00,140,F,3232,KLASThe above flight plan is for ONE flight ONCE a day...KLAS to KLAX at 10:00 GMTKLAX to KLAS at 14:00 GMTAnything more to this flight plan?[div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/STO/]Visit The Bookstore & Gift Shoppe][/b

Guest dodger

hello joshieca, i am sorry i did!nt make it clear,allthough i put klax/klas , i also tried 2lax/2las airport to airport, overlay to overlay as i can!t make anything work, i downloaded your article and its been very helpful and i thought i had done everything ok,but i am missing something, if i want a plane to start its flight at 10 am at las vagas,what time then do i put in the sim ,i thought it would be say 0958 and wait for it ,the trouble is i have not got the plane ,i had it last week at the ramp but i am doing something wrong now and i can!t see it , if you understand me,

Guest Captain Barfbag

Did you run TCompiler? That converts the aircraft, airports and flightplans files back into the Traffic.bgl file that FS2002 uses. You have to run TCompiler every time you change any of the .txt files in order for the changes to take effect. And even though the TTools manual says otherwise, sometimes I don't see the new flights until I quit and restart FS2002 as well.I've found AITM to be a very helpful tool in solving some of these problems. For one thing, it will find and display any flights in which it can't locate the aircraft. That's one thing that gets past TCompiler. You can also use the Aircraft Editor tool in AITM to make sure that the aircraft files are correct and usable.To test things, I set up a "practice field" at an out-of-the-way airport, and then set up a 2-HR flight plan where the start and destination airports are the same, and the flights start every hour. The plane should take off, circle the field and land about 15 minutes later. This way I avoid any confusion about GMT vs Local and arrival vs destination airports, and I can just test the planes.

Guest dodger

thanks capt, i will keep at it,i've been at it for blxxxy hrs , yes i do compile every time i change something, still thanks again to you both and when i have cracked it i will let you know ,regards.

Guest Joshieca

Here is a site that should help you out...http://greenwichmeantime.com/gmt-converter.htmAll flight plans are in GMT...so if you wanted a flight to leave KLAS at 10AM that would be 17:00 GMT. Las Vegas is -7 hours from GMT for day light savings time.- J

Guest dodger

hello joshieca, thanks for the help i will have another try and sort it out hopefully, i, like a lot of simmers, am waiting for ultimate traffic to arrive,but i will still have a try at putting in some other flight plans, thanks again to you, regards.

Guest Joshieca

While I have nothing against UT (;-) ), outside of the eye candy timetables, etc., you can find what you need today for free on AVSIM and other sites on the internet. Save yourself the cost, install yourself.

Guest dodger

hello joshieca and capt, thanks a lot for the help, i have got my flights working now and its great ,the wife's talking to me now ,not only was it doing my head in, it was doing her's as well!!!!and she's not into flight simming,only joking,bye for now,regards.