Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

Getting Started with AI Aircraft

Well, I know a lot of people are going to say - "search the forums stupid", but I am just getting started with AI aircraft and FS2k2. I noticed a few sites like project-ai, ai-ardvark, etc, that specialize in aircraft for AI, but I am a little confused on what I actually need to get and download to get all these ai planes flying around. Can anybody point me in the right direction? I'm not lazy and I am willing to read what I need to do to learn how to do it, I am just overwhelmed right now with all the tools and programs. Which ones do I actually need? Is there a program that can do it all? I understand I need to download the aircraft and liveries, and then get the flightplans and somehow important them into FS2k2. But is there a guide somewhere online that I can download and is there a single program that can do it all? Other than project-ai and ai-aardvark is there other sites with ai projects?thanks for the help

Download AFCAD1.4 and TTools by Lee Swordy. They should be in the library. Download AITM (I'm not at my regular computer so don't have the URL.If you download Project AI certified resources, i.e., installer plus the airlines you need than you don't need much else.You need AFCAD to install updated AFCAD files to increase the number of gates for your favorite airports, since the gates at the default airports are scarce.You only need TTools if you decide to manually install additional AI flightplans. However, it has a great readme that explains the AI software in detail.AITM is a great tool for managing already installed AI and flightplans.

Guest R5D4

PAI has all you need..installer + packages in certified resources.you may also want to update you AFCAD to make more space for AI planes at airports.Then wonder at all the real ai traffic in your slide show :-)

Guest Joshieca

>Then wonder at all the real ai traffic in your slide show :-)Got that right...frame rates through the floor! I can't wait for UT, I hear it will be great for spotters! :)