Sign in to follow this  
Guest hermes

Static AI for Kingman/Victorville Storage

Hope this will be the right forum for this subject, because didn't get much of a response in the MSFS general discussion forum. ;)Anyways, here's what I'm wanting to know. In this day and age, we all know that Kingman Az, and Victorville Ca. are the final resting places for many 707, 727, 737, 747, DC-9, D-10, L1011's. Here these aircraft are stored, parked, cut up. Mucho desert parking for these fine aircraft. I have flown a few trips to both places in MSFS 2002, and started thinking that to have static/Ai aircraft would really be a cool feature to place into this sim. In fact, It would be kinda fun and sad to ferry a Delta 727 to Kingman, land it, and park it beside 100's of other types in the hot desert sun. Now, my question is this, can this be done? If everytime you fly into one of these desert airports, would you be able to see these aircraft there? I'm not much of a PC guru like most ppl here, so I'm not sure how or what to do to get started, so that's why I consult the pros (YOU GUYS) into getting answers on this type of stuff.What cha think, is it possible or is this just silly to even attempt? Put your thinking caps on folks..... :)Doc

You can make flightplans for your AI storage aircraft to fly a short hop to a nearby city, stop for a few minutes, and fly back in the middle of the night.

Ya know Jetfreak, I can always depend on you to have some answers. Your a good guy. :)And by the way Jet, just got my new Super PC ;) and I'm gonna have to reinstall everything again, may have to call on your expertise in the very near future. I'll "TRY" to make a flight plan into the storage airports and hopefully, it'll work out.DOC

Guest Joshieca

Try to use AFCAD and just not connect the parking spots to any taxiway. Normally you would have a line that goes from the parking spot to the nearest taxiway, just delete this line...that way your planes will never get the chance to taxi. Then create flight plans for that airport with only a 5 min time difference during a time of the day which you normally dont fly at, like 1AM. The only thing will happen will be a 5min period where the planes will disappear and then reappear.[div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/STO/]Visit The Bookstore & Gift Shoppe][/b

Ok, that's starting to make some sense. However, since I'm new to this is there a tutoral on making flight plans. I've tried making a few without much luck.Yep, basically you gotta grab my shoulders, turn me a direction and tell me, "GO THAT WAY, DUMMY!!!!"Ya know, being a PC fruitcake really does suck. But I'm learning!Doc

Guest Captain Barfbag

If you choose the middle-of-the-night flights, you can also use the WEEK option in AFCAD so that the flights will only occur one day out of 7.

TTool's readme also has good instructions as well :)

Guest hermes

1. add many gates with afcad to your airport2. add many flights in flightplans.txt like below "AC#133,TEST,50%,24h,VFR,00:20:00,00:35:00, 30 ,F,123,FJDG,00:50:00,01:05:00, 30 ,F,123,FJDG"changing AC# and airport to what you want3. change time (GMT) to middle night at this airport4. each plane do only a short trip at night when you don't fly, and is a static plane for all other time