Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Relationship between FS2K2 ATC percent setting and fli...

Has anyone really studied the relationship between the two? TTools say's "This specifies at what level of the FS2K2 'traffic percent setting' (on the ATC setting window', this flight will appear. If this is 56%, then the AI flight will appear if the traffic percent control is 56% or higher. If you run with 100 percent all the time, then this value is not important." Like many, I've downloaded many "real life" airline schedules only to find myself bombed with unrealistic numbers of planes ( the Delta schedule from the Realistic AI-Routes website put 80+ planes alone at KATL at once) Anyway, I've been trying to understand the relationship between the traffic setting and the percent setting in the flight plan. If the flightplan says 1%, does the slidder have to be at 1% for it to be realisitic? If so what happens to the rest of the flight plans that have different perentages? For instance, if I set the slider at 50% and the flight plan says 1%, will that flight ever appear? "all the world wonders" Fitz

Well, I think i have a handle on it. Basically, just try to use schedules from the same source and match the ATC slider to the percentage number in the flightplan and you will have a fairly realistic ratio of aircraft. Most of the plans I was using had a percent rating of 1%. I slid my slider back to 2% thinking I would find almost barren airports and instead was surprised to find a nice ratio of aircraft/airlines parked at the gates (using RAFCAD), instead of the usual gridlock of every gate filled and 30 or 40 planes trying to takeoff/land at once. Just a thought.. fitz

Guest Captain Barfbag

The slider setting will include all aircraft whose flightplan percentage is that number or less. So, if you set the slider to 5%, you will see all flightplans with 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 in that field.The original file provided by Microsoft is more-or-less balanced, so by doubling the number on the slider you would double the amount of traffic. If you add a whole bunch of traffic at 1%, then their original concept of "percentage" is no longer valid, although the system still works.

Hi,here's what I did:Loaded up all my AI flightplans (hardly any default FS in it) into EXCEL and used the random-number function to replace the existing % value with new random numbers. Before a flight, I pick an ATC % value that reflects the kind of traffic I expect or desire (e.g., 100% for bush flying or 25% going into LAX). The advantage of random numbers is that they give you proportionally less of each type of aircraft with decreasing % values.One problem: not all flightplans fit into EXCEL (at least not my version). Some of the weekly ones have too many columns and I you'll have to either hand-edit them in a text editor or AITM, or leave them alone.Cheers, Holger