Sign in to follow this  

wil FFX 737 models work as AI?

Hey guys I have been paying attention to the forums regarding using the "not built for AI" planes such as the FFX models. I basically have a grasp on what needs to be done as far as using a different air file for the model to act as AI but what I dont understand is what needs to be changed in the aircraft.cfg file to make it land properly?Is there some links out there that explain how to do this?Thanks.JP

ok.....since there were some overwhelming responseslet me tell you what I have done so far. I used an airfile from another aircraft and tested the 73-8FFX with it, it did perfectly until it landed it just landed and disappeared into the runway any ideas?JP

Hey Mike,Thanks for responding, you are right in regards to the default aircraft.cfg files they do work fine and the frame rate hit is indeed evident too.

Why even mess with trying to get high polly a/c to work when there's fantastic models designed to go AI and still look awesome ? AI Aardvark 737's are great ! and for NG's the T.U models work very well. All without too much of a hit to the system. Theres repaint for most liveries you could ask for, just might take a bit of searching. 1285 ai A/C and climbing.. All entered by hand. And thanks to all the talented guys and gals for the awesome repaints.