Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Editvoicepack

Guest sfgiants13

I have editvoicepack, and it doesn't seem to work. I have almost all of the PAI installer packages. Sometimes, if the callsign was not included in FS, or editvoicepack, it won't read. I imported about 200 callsigns, and they still say "Airbus N700MS" or "993" instead of "Air Portugal" or "Air Malta 993." Can anyone help me?

Guest lmoelleb

Do NOT import those callsigns. EditVoicepack already ships with hundreds (one of these days I really need to count them), and has a build in feature for automatic update - simply make sure you are online now and then when you start EditVoicepack. As so few people (1 in 100 max) need the import function, I do not spend a lot of time testing it - and if something is strange with the imported callsign (to long to mention what it could be here), the problems start.Please delete your current EditVoicepack directory, unzip version 2.2 from http://bevelstone.xs4all.nl/FlightSimulator/EditVoicepack, and then follow the quickstart section of the readme to the letter (you can always experiment after you have verified the basic functionality is working).If you have any further problems, there is a support forum for EditVoicepack on http://www.projectai.com.

Guest Stamatis

Do NOT import those callsigns.I am using a callsign for a now defunct airline. One user was kind enough to edit such a callsign for me, and I imported it with an older version of EditVoicePack.If I now upgrade to the latest version with its automatic update feature, how can I still retain the use of my previous callsign, assuming it is not in the updates?Stamatis

Guest sfgiants13

The link was wrong. It wouldn't work. I'll just try to find 2.2 on my own. Thanks guys.

Guest sfgiants13

What if there's a callsign for PAI, and EVP doesn't have it built in?

Why aren't there more call signs for defunct airlines? Mike Stevens said he sent a bunch of them to you, but they don't seem to be in the list on the web page. The only one I can find is Western (by someone else). Examples are Pacific, Bonanza, Air West, and West Coast. Others that might need to be added would include Mohawk, Southern, Northeast, Trans-Canada, PSA, Air California, North Central, Piedmont, Trans-Texas, Canadian Pacific, Central, and Capital (I haven't actually checked all of these to see if they are in there, but most aren't). And that's just the US and Canada. Thanks,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest lmoelleb

>Do NOT import those callsigns.>>I am using a callsign for a now defunct airline. One user was>kind enough to edit such a callsign for me, and I imported it>with an older version of EditVoicePack.>If I now upgrade to the latest version with its automatic>update feature, how can I still retain the use of my previous>callsign, assuming it is not in the updates?>>StamatisIf you have version 1.0 you will have to reimport. Version 2.0 and 2.1 can be upgraded to 2.2 without problems, as long as you remember to read the readme file. :)/Lars

Guest lmoelleb

>The link was wrong. It wouldn't work. I'll just try to find>2.2 on my own. Thanks guys.The forum decided that the comma following the link should be part of the address. http://bevelstone.xs4all.nl/FlightSimulator/EditVoicepackAnyway, a search for "EditVoicepack" on google will get you to the right place./Lars

Guest lmoelleb

>Why aren't there more call signs for defunct airlines? Mike>Stevens said he sent a bunch of them to you, but they don't>seem to be in the list on the web page. The only one I can>find is Western (by someone else). Examples are Pacific,>Bonanza, Air West, and West Coast. Often people simply upload without writing in the upload comments that it is a defunct airline. When I perform the screening I mainly try to use up-to-date (more or less) sources, so I will not find these entries and hence reject them. Yes, I could search historical sites better, but I do not have the time (I spend on average one hour on approving voicepacks a week), so I have to relai on people actually helping out by giving me some information I can use to verify the data with.>>Others that might need to be added would include Mohawk,>Southern, Northeast, Trans-Canada, PSA, Air California, North>Central, Piedmont, Trans-Texas, Canadian Pacific, Central, and>Capital (I haven't actually checked all of these to see if>they are in there, but most aren't). And that's just the US>and Canada. Yep, a lot of stuff out there, but as I said. People must upload and inform me what it is before it is included./Lars

Guest lmoelleb

>What if there's a callsign for PAI, and EVP doesn't have it>built in?Yes, in that case it would be required to import it (or preferable make it and upload it so other people can get it easily as well). However a PAI callsign not included in EditVoicepack sounds a bit strange - which one is it?/Lars

Guest Stamatis

I was thinking of installing 2.2 and start afresh, as if I started using EditVoicePack for the first time.The only callsign I want to preserve from my current set is that for my defunct airline, Axon Airlines, callsign: Axonair.How could I save just that callsign and add it to the 2.2 last Update?Stamatis

Guest lmoelleb

>I was thinking of installing 2.2 and start afresh, as if I>started using EditVoicePack for the first time.>>The only callsign I want to preserve from my current>set is that for my defunct airline, Axon Airlines, callsign:>Axonair.>>How could I save just that callsign and add it to the 2.2 last>Update?>>StamatisRight click it in the tree and select "Export". This will give you an VCPMOD file - you can import this into version 2.2 by selecting Import (surprise) from the File menu.If something goes wrong, I have a support forum over at http://www.projectai.com - I will not promise to hang out over here all the time (ok, I won't be over there all the time either, but I will check it more regularly than I check this forum)./Lars

Guest Stamatis

Thank you Lars.I promise to post any future queries in your proper support forum :-)Stamatis