Sign in to follow this  
BobP

GoFlight users - GF-166 @ flightsimcentral & FSUIPC que

Guest jabberthecat

Flightsimcentral shipped my GF-166 unit to me ( along with a rack,GF-LGT, and GF-T8 ) they will arrive on Monday.:-kewl :-yellow1 Have any of you GoFlight users had problems with FSUIPC and GoFlight?I caught a posting somewhat to that effect on "some other flight sim site".Of course I need FSUIPC for FSMeteo. Just wondering what I am getting into.Looking foward to flying my Archer, Commander, SuperCub, and default planes with the GoFlight gear.If any of you GoFlight users have any tips for me - let me knowThanks,Myles.By the way - my wife will think I finally have gone over the edge when she sees this thing set up and sitting next to my computer.:-hah :-abduct

HiGo-Flight/FSUIPC work fine for me.

Hi!I have two of the new GF-166's and they are wonderful! There is more software to be written that will allow assignment of the cute little button below the freq display. (2 weeks maybe). They work perfectly with FS!The Go flight addon's have added a great deal of pleasure to my flying. Plus, my wife is still rolling her eyes. That is also worth a great deal. :)Now.... what I need is two lighted signs. One for the bathroom (return to your seat) and one for the livingroom (fasten your seat belt)!Have Fun!BobP :)

Got the same result from my wife. :-beerchug I just got my setup yesterday (GF-T8, GF-PA, GF-45, GF-166 and a rack). Looking forward to getting it all dialed in!Larry

Hi Larry,Well, I think you are going to LUV it!! I have 2 GF-166's, a P8, T8 and G45. The new setup utility is easy to use and works! I am going to buy another 166 for Nav2 and another P8 for a complete audio panel, then shove he GF45 in a separate mini stack. Why I waited so long to get these quality addon's ....... duh! Don't know. I only need the mouse for a couple of startup and s/d functions. Great fun!BobP:)

This stuff is cool!I can see myself adding another GF-166 in the very near future. ;)

Agreed...love the GoFlight products...Thomas LinTaxiwaySigns.comVolunteers (testers and designers) needed, please visit the site for information

Guest RichardL

Have a few operational questions:What other functions does the rotary knob provide other than changing the frequency? How do you change tens, hundreds, and decimal numbers?Can you assign a P8 or T8 button/switch to select between comm and nav? What will the two white "chicklets" under the displays be used for?I've been waiting for months to see the 166. Hope to get a stripped down unit to install in an Airbus pedestal.Thanks,Richard

>Have a few operational questions: >>What other functions does the rotary knob provide other than >changing the frequency? ADF, Altimeter, XPONDR, OBS, HDG, IAS, Mach, ALT, V/S, Display Briteness, etc...>>How do you change tens, hundreds, and decimal numbers? Everything left of the decimal is left knob, everything right is right knob (for NAV/COM freqs)>>Can you assign a P8 or T8 button/switch to select between >comm and nav? You probably want a button...can assign the GF45 (haven't gotten a 166 yet to know about it) to anything it can do with each button. So you coud have a button for NAV1, NAV2, COM1, COM2, A/P, INST, etc...>>What will the two white "chicklets" under the displays be >used for? Haven't gotten one yet...but my guess is you can assign anything to them like the other buttons. >>I've been waiting for months to see the 166. Hope to get a >stripped down unit to install in an Airbus pedestal. >>Thanks, >>Richard Thomas LinTaxiwaySigns.comVolunteers (testers and designers) needed, please visit the site for information

Hi Richard,I have two GF-166's and can answer most of your questions. These answers are specific to the 166."What other functions does the rotary knob provide other than changing the frequency?"Currently that is the only function."How do you change tens, hundreds, and decimal numbers?"Outer changes hundreds, inner changes tens and hundred place."Can you assign a P8 or T8 button/switch to select between comm and nav?"No. You define the GF-166 as a com1,com2, nav1 or nav2."What will the two white "chicklets" under the displays be used for?"Although they are not functional yet. They will allow you to pick from the following when software is complete:1. audio panel DME IDENT2. ATC popup window3. Audio panel Nav1 or Nav2 ident4. Nav1 or Nav2 Freq OBS selHope this helps. BobP :)

Guest RichardL

Thanks for the info Bob. Too bad it ruined my day.I was hoping to use a T8 or P8 to switch between comm and nav. That would have made it work the same as a real Airbus Radio Management Panel. One radio panel for Comm, Nav, ADF, etc. I'll email Doyle and ask it that might be added in the future.Richard

Richard,Sorry! Remember this is all new stuff. Since you can define the radio as Nav or Com in the config program, it might be a trivial change to allow the T8 or P8 to set the use.Have fun!BobP :)

Don't forget that the GF-45 can be function switched with a P8 unit, so it's gotta be something forthcoming...Thomas LinTaxiwaySigns.comVolunteers (testers and designers) needed, please visit the site for information

Trivial? Trivial, you say? Oh no, this is all very technical, very difficult stuff to do!Hi all, I've looked through this thread today and gotten some chuckles, especially you guys' comments about wives. Like many of you, I have a wife who "tolerates" this whole flight sim thing & though she doesn't understand much of it, she is happy that I'm doing something that I love! She hasn't seen much of me lately while I've been revamping our software & getting the 166 ready for prime time. While you are busy flying, I'm usually busy programming, though I try to get in a flight whenever some "testing" is needed of course. Lately I spend a lot of time in the DF Archer.Here is a quick update on the '166 and the new, improved GFConfig. I've got 8 functions implemented for the 166's Left and Right Function buttons now and will probably "call it good" for our release later this week. This list will grow in the next release. For this one (tentatively v1.22), what's left to finish up is a big update to on-line help and a quick swipe at the release notes. Version 1.22 will be posted hopefully no later than Thursday on our site. I had put off for WAY too long getting the help updated, and also making some MUCH NEEDED changes to GFConfig that I have wanted to do for no less than a year. Some of the '166 owners have seen the new UI but no one else has yet. The new UI has a full-blown device view where you can see ALL of your GoFlight hardware, represented by little photo-realistic icons, and you can move them around and "snap" them together to simulate a standard- or mini-rack full of gear! The LGT is configurable now, though it has only one function beyond gear/trim/flaps at the moment -- Water Rudder! Cheers to Aidan and one of his mates for that suggestion, I can finally taxi over to those docks in the 208 without running into stuff...Cheers,Doyle -- GoFlightTo those of you who have gotten 166s already, I apologize for the rough edges with the first batch of units and software. Though it's not that uncommon these days to get newly-introduced stuff "half baked", I don't like to do that, ever. The situation got beyond my control and we were forced to release a little early on this one, with some more limited functionality than I would have liked... But know that your 166 will sing and dance in the next few months!Switching 166 modes will be possible via a P8 in the not too distant future... the trick is how to make sure you know WHAT mode the 166 is currently in. There are no alpha displays like on the GF-45 to show you the mode, so I had to do some stuff with the 7-segments that should get the job done.. but not as pretty as those 14-segments.