Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Export Navaids in AFCAD

How do you export NDBs (and other navadis) from AFCAD?I have put in a new NDB in one of the existing NDB-documents. And I would like to export that NDB-document to a text-file, in order to share the "add-on" with other users, and use the export as a backup, in case I have to reinstall all FS2002.Thank you in advanceMike

The NAVAIDS (VOR, NDB, VORTAC) are not located in the AFCAD files. They are located in separate files, for example, U.S. South East - drive:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002SCENEDBWesthemusseScenery. Arrow down to the bottom of the folder. These are the files that provide the physical locations of the NAVAIDS used by the simulation, which provide the information to the NAVAID instrumentation.The data located in the AFCAD file labelled NAVAIDs, etc., is only used to provided the data to the Map View and GPS Map.If you used a program, such as EasyNavs to add an NDB NAVAID, then it should be in a compiled *.bgl file placed in one of the scenery (scenery, scenedb, ADDON SCENERY) folders under your FS2002 installation. You could provide either the source file or the compiled *.bgl.

Thanks,but I already have a working NDB, however it doesn't show in the MAP-view/GPS. Now I want the MAP-view and GPS to display my new NDB.

OK. Find attached a file generated by Airport for Windows for the Test Isle Tutorial. Once it is compiled into a *.bgl, it is installed in the drive:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002SCENEDBAFDFILESSCENERY as TESTISLE_AFD.bgl. It is the AFCAD file for this NEW (Does not exist in the default FS2002 database of airports or NAVAIDS) airport with associated NAVAIDS. The actual NAVAIDS are also compiled in other *.bgls that are used by the Simulator to provide information to the NAVAID Instruments.Original file name: TESTISLE_AFD.sca which can be opened in NOTEPAD or Wordpad.