Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

I Get An Error When I Start AFCAD & Ttools

Hi,everytime I start up AFCAD or traffic tools, I get an error message saying I should report this error to Microsoft. I worked fine yesterday.I click on the decompiler icon and it starts. After 1 second the message comes up, I click "Don't Send" and then the decompiler shuts down. This exact problem happens with AFCAD and the compiler.Sometimes I get an error saying something about Win32 when I start AFCAD. Thanks for any help!DC-10

Guest Joshieca

Make sure that you are using the most current version of both programs...Also if you are using WIN XP, try to change the "Compatibility" of the .exe files...just right click on them, choose Properties, and then click on the "Comatibility" tab...set the program to run in WIN 2000 or NT and see if that helps.[div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/STO/]Visit The Bookstore & Gift Shoppe][/b

I've tried changing the compatibility of both programs, but still no luck. I can't believe it though - both programs were working fine last night. I turned on my PC today, loaded up ttools and the errors came up.DC-10

Guest Joshieca

hmmm thats strange...just delete each program, download fresh copies and if they still dont work have you tried all of the compatibility settings?? I know for me, I had to step down to WIN 95 before they worked.

It just seems funny that the programs worked perfectly 2 days ago. I haven't changed any settings.DC-10

Guest Captain Barfbag

This is NOT what you want to hear, but my guess is that your Traffic.bgl file or something in that area has gotten corrupted. The fact that both AFCAD and TDecompiler are affected points to something common like that. Re-installing the programs won't help if this is the case.Can you run the Compiler? If so, you may fix the problem, or maybe not.If you still have valid copies of aircraft.txt, airports.txt and flightplans.txt, save them somewhere. You may have to reload some files from the original CD to make this work again.

Thank God for ProjectAI. It was the traffic.bgl file that was corrupt. Thankfully, PAI does back-ups everyday, so all I had to do was delete the current .bgl file and then use on of the backup files. Everything work fine.Thanks a lot for your help guys!DC-10

Both AFCAD and Ttools have stopped working again. I still get the message that the program has encountered a problem and needs to close.I don't know what to do! I've tried everything.DC-10

Tried reinstalling many times, but still no luck.DC-10

Guest Captain Barfbag

Did you recover traffic.bgl? It sounds like something else you're running is corrupting that file. Did you update any other traffic or airport-related stuff just before AFCAD and TTools stopped working? Any auto-installers?