Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

AFCAD Question?

If I have multiple AFCADS at a specific airport do I have to load the specific AFCAD location to use the AFCAD file? For instance at KORD there are six AFCADS. If I set FS2002 to start at KORD (not one of the other locations like 2ORD)is the KORD AFCAD the only one that is active or are all the others layered in also? What if I choose the 2ORD location in FS2002? Thanks, regards, Bob.P.S. I hope this question is not too confusing.

For the player, the active ATC will belong to the layer specified in the activated flightplan or the one with the closest reference point to you if there is no active flightplan.

Hi Kevin. Thanks for the info. So if I am at KORD that is the only active AFCAD, or if I set 2ORD that is the only active AFCAD? Regards, Bob.

Guest Captain Barfbag

All AFCADs are active all the time. If you start at KORD, then you should be dealing with KORD's AFCAD until you leave the ground, but then if you land back at Ohare you will be in the AFCAD chosen from the standard overlay selection rules.Also, any AI aircraft will be using the AFCAD they are assigned to for departures, and any arriving AI aircraft will end up at the selected AFCAD.

>Hi Kevin. Thanks for the info. So if I am at KORD that is the>only active AFCAD, or if I set 2ORD that is the only active>AFCAD? Regards, Bob.All the layers are still there and operating. But the layer that responds when you hit the ATC button follows the rules outlined above.