Sign in to follow this  
CrystalFrontier

vanishing AI aircraft after leaving the runway

Hi everybody! I've worked a little on KATL and re-arranged the airports AFCAD layout, so there are less traffic jams. My concept works so far, as long as arriving AI aircraft wouldn't disappear after taxiing off the runway. I know there are enough gates with accurate radii, since all the gates are occupied on start-up. What could be the problem? Thanx for help... CF

Guest Captain Barfbag

"all the gates are occupied on start-up" -- are the appropriate gates clear by the time the AI aircraft land?Have you run the Fault Finder in AFCAD? It's not foolproof, but it can spot disconnected links and such. Sometimes I end up with overlapping nodes that look like they connect (or look like they are the same node) but they don't touch, so planes can't cross between them. If this is happening on a main taxiway, you can't cross.Listen to Ground as a plane lands. Does the plane get gate instructions?If YOU land, what happens? Do you get taxi instructions to the appropriate gate? Can you get a progressive taxi line?Did you create or modify an overlay? The Airport Reference Points (those pink crosses in the center of the display when you open an AFCAD file) must be properly placed, or you may end up in the wrong overlay for the gates you want to go to.

ok, I think I figured it out. The two reference points were identical. The southern side of the airport probably contacted the north side (ATL1)... I hope it works now. A/c had been assigned to gates in the other overly w/o taxi instructions, whereas a/c landing on the north side received the identical gate assignment incl. taxi instructions... Thanks for your help...CF