Sign in to follow this  
betelgeuse

AI view Zoom

HelloCan anyone suggest a way of increasing the zoom out value in AIView in spot view mode? With GA aircraft and small jets the default zoom out settings work well. But with the heavies you are right there sitting on the wing even at max zoom out.Just in case folks dont know it - if you have AIView loaded, you can bring it up as a window during normal flight by clicking on CTRL-W. Repeat this and the program cycles through all the AI planes within range. You can use spot view and zoom in and out whilst in the window. Close the window with CTRL-Q.John

Supporter.png

John

Hi John:the only way I know of is to go into View Options, then click on Spot View, then enter a larger view distance - I usually choose 350 or 400 feet. Once you click okay, you'll be back at your own aircraft but from then on all AI you'll view with AIView will use the new setting.Cheers, Holger

If you start with a large aircraft (own aircraft) vice a small aircraft, the zoom value will be better. Therefore, if you want to watch commercial AI aircraft, try starting with a B737 or larger aircraft.It does give some odd views when you start with a C172 or smaller!

Thanks. Is there a way of fixing Spot View parameters e.g. in the fs2002.cfg file?

Supporter.png

John

I don't think so. It seems everytime I set a different distance in the menu, it reverts to the default next time I load the sim. I think it is based on a distance/size measurement when you first load the sim with a particular, i.e., B747-400 versus C172.W. Sieffert

Guest Stamatis

Did you save a Flight after setting the Zoom distance?Save a Flight and then designate that Flight as your default.It should work.Stamatis