Sign in to follow this  

FS2004

Is it true that when we get fs2004, that if the traffic is moved over from fs2002, that the airplanes will not land, and just keep going around?If so, how do you fix this?

You must remove all the "@" symbols from the flightplans.txt file to get aircraft to land.Matt

Guest Joshieca

Moving your traffic.bgl file over can cause problems....the worst of which will be that you will loose all of your GA flights to non-towered airports.Once traffic tools for FS2004 is out, then you can saftely edit the traffic.bgl file for FS2004 and not loose anything.Although I have heard that you can use both the new FS2004 traffic files and the old FS2002 traffic files at the same time...but I would think that would cause a slide show and traffic overload. :)[div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/STO/]Visit The Bookstore & Gift Shoppe][/b

I just moved my traffic.bgl over and haven't had any problems, but as you mention some of the GA traffic may be missing. Also, there isn't nearly enough parking for everything so have to turn down the AI %.However, you must remove the "@" symbol from your flightplans before compiling. In FS2002 the "@" symbol would make the aircraft land at a fixed time. However, in FS2004, the "@" symbol tells the plane to go around.Matt

Guest Captain Barfbag

"Although I have heard that you can use both the new FS2004 traffic files and the old FS2002 traffic files at the same time..."Really? Multiple traffic files? That would certainly be convenient. I've been wondering how we were going to merge the new GA traffic with the existing files. Does anyone have anything definitive on this?Also, it sounds like we can still use the existing TTools, with the exception of the @ sign. Are there any other problems here, other than insufficient parking?

Guest Joshieca

>Really? Multiple traffic files? That would certainly be>convenient. I've been wondering how we were going to merge>the new GA traffic with the existing files. Does anyone have>anything definitive on this?>If you search through the postings on the main MS forum, there was one where someone added the second traffic.bgl file and said that he found both to work....the exact location of the post slips me for the moment, but it is somewhere in the 1000's of FS2004 postings. :)>Also, it sounds like we can still use the existing TTools,>with the exception of the @ sign. Are there any other>problems here, other than insufficient parking?You can't use the current TTOOLS with FS2004. TTOOLS doesn't see FS2004 and therefore you have to copy the traffic.bgl file from FS2004 into your FS2002 folder, rename, decompile it to make changes, remove airports which the older traffic tools doesn't see, and then recompile it, copy it back to FS2004 and rename it. Big hastle....we should see a new traffic tools this week...we hope. :)Parking is a problem...since there is no AFCAD for FS2004 you are stuck for now with the default parking. Only a handful of airports have improved parking....most do not. Non of the military bases do....etc. Until someone comes out with an AFCAD type program, this is what we are stuck with.

>I just moved my traffic.bgl over and haven't had any>problems, but as you mention some of the GA traffic may be>missing. Also, there isn't nearly enough parking for>everything so have to turn down the AI %.>>However, you must remove the "@" symbol from your flightplans>before compiling. In FS2002 the "@" symbol would make the>aircraft land at a fixed time. However, in FS2004, the "@">symbol tells the plane to go around.>>MattMatt, can you tell me where traffic.bgl is located in FS2004. In FS2002 I think its in scenerydb. I did a search in the FS2004 directory but couldn't find it. Thanks ... Rich

Guest 727Fan

Well that settles it for me. I'm waiting!I've invested way too much time with AFCAD and TTools in 2K2 to bring my aviation world to realistic levels. To go back to the skimpy default parking, single runway, etc doesn't make it, regardless of the enhanced scenery, flight modeling, and VCs.I'll be waiting in the "pad" for new versions of TTools and AFCAD.But thanks to all those brave pilots who have checked 2K4.Rick

Guest Joshieca

The only thing you will have to "put" up with is the default parking...FS2004 uses more than one runway now, all without overlays. We should see a new traffic tools soon...a new TTools which will alow for touch-n-go landings :)...but the AFCAD might be several weeks or more away.[div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/STO/]Visit The Bookstore & Gift Shoppe][/b

>>I just moved my traffic.bgl over and haven't had any>>problems, but as you mention some of the GA traffic may be>>missing. Also, there isn't nearly enough parking for>>everything so have to turn down the AI %.>>>>However, you must remove the "@" symbol from your>flightplans>>before compiling. In FS2002 the "@" symbol would make the>>aircraft land at a fixed time. However, in FS2004, the "@">>symbol tells the plane to go around.>>>>Matt>>Matt, can you tell me where traffic.bgl is located in FS2004.>In FS2002 I think its in scenerydb. I did a search in the>FS2004 directory but couldn't find it. >>Thanks ... Rich>It should be in here FS9SceneryWorldsceneryIt's renamed to traffic030528.bglMatt

Actually, I found it very odd when I first moved my traffic.bgl over as I found to have a mix of FS9 AI and my own home made one.. Was very strange indeed as I had removed the default traffic.bgl entirely.. So I deleted both and then added my own again and it worked fine..