Sign in to follow this  
Guest sfgiants13

FS2004 Dual runway use logic?

What is the logic in assigning acft to different runways? I usually fly out of KSEA and I note the only acft to get a landing assignment different from the main runway are myself (in military fighters) and helicopters (using the .air files located here on avsim).I also note that after adding some of my own routes to an additional traffic.bgl, the fast movers overtake and fly through the slower acft on final (even after being told to follow them).Another note: ahd the airport full, and it was funny to watch a couple of acft taxi ALL OVER the airport to get to the active runway. It took 20-30 minutes due to crossing runways with landing/takeoff traffic. (but the He111 dutifully led the Corsair on a confusing scenic tour of KSEA! LOL)

LOL I'd like to see some pics of the 111 leading the F4U ;)

It was hilarious... I was on a "what acft will work as AI" binge. So I started adding all kinds of planes. Then I'd window to them to watch (which takes awhile to find a specific acft with 100% traffic PLUS the one's I added in another bgl). After awhile I realized I hadn't seen the 111. So I searched and finally found it leading the Corsair on that wild route. I have no idea why they both crossed the runway to begin with, but everytime I came back to them, they were waiting to cross the runways at a different location. I'm not sure, but I think they just wanted to make sure ALL the taxiways had no potholes. (that or the Corsair pilot ticked off the 111 pilot, so the 111 pilot was purposely blocking all attempts to get around him?)

So has anyone figured out the logic? I can't for the life of me figure out why some CFS2 fighters use the short runway at KBFI while others don't.

Guest tcable

This is not definitive, but it seems that ATC is aware of the AC type- At KPVD, all jets are on 5R/23L, all VFR are on 5L/23R (a much shorter, vfr only runway).Taxi logic seems tied to the starting location- ATC taxi's you to the closest departure runway, whereas arrival logic is based on the direcion of arrival- much like real life :) ATL is a gret place to see this.Tim

>This is not definitive, but it seems that ATC is aware of the>AC type- At KPVD, all jets are on 5R/23L, all VFR are on>5L/23R (a much shorter, vfr only runway).>>Taxi logic seems tied to the starting location- ATC taxi's you>to the closest departure runway, whereas arrival logic is>based on the direcion of arrival- much like real life :) ATL>is a gret place to see this.>>TimThe taxi logic (excepting some acft taxiing over two runways multiple times to get to the closest) rings true to me. At KBFI, the landing logic seems to be to land at the same runway it took off from. However at KSEA the landing logic is different. At KBFI, I have multiple CFS2 style acft that take off from the nearest runway and land at the same runway (as it happens, this stays the same with IFR or VFR settings for those acft). At KSEA I have all acft taking off from the nearest runway and landing on the same runway, but the helicopters and myself are directed to the shorter runway for landing.Seems to be more than a single variable in the logic.

Guest sfgiants13

Same at KSFO. It has 19L for IFR, since 19R doesn't have a localiser, and 19R is for VFR.