Sign in to follow this  
Bray

yRoute can be made to work with FS9

Now that the new TTools 2.01 is available I have found that yRoute can be made to work with FS9 (FS2004), but AITM12SP1 will not, unfortunately.I use yRoute to check that I have not made any silly error with aircraft titles (such as an extra space), because I use Excel for my flightplans manipulations.If you are interested in using yRoute for FS9 then this is what I did:a) Moved yRoute to be a subfolder of TTools 2.01:( Changed the yRoute.ini from J:FS2002 to J:FS9 {use whatever drive and directory you have your FS9 installed}c) Copied aircraft030528.txt, airports030528.txt, and flightplans030528.txt from TTools to yRouted) Renamed each of these .txt files in yRoute to aircraft.txt, airports.txt, and flightplans.txt because that is what yRoute works with.e) Ran yRoute - no problems.Here is a copy of the yRoute log.txt:15:09:30 yRoute version V:1.0.77 starting.15:09:30 FS Path: J:FS915:09:30 FS ICAO File: J:FS9weathericao name.cfg15:09:30 FS Aircraft Path: J:FS9aircraft15:09:30 Loading Aircraft.txt15:09:30 Sorting Aircraft15:09:30 Loading Airports.txt15:09:30 Sorting Airports15:09:30 Loading FS ICAO names15:09:30 Sorting ICAO names15:09:30 Assigning Airport titles15:09:30 Loading flightplans.txt15:09:34 Loading FS2002 aircraft15:09:35 Scanning FS2002 aircraft15:09:35 Filling aircraft list15:09:35 Filling airport list15:09:35 Startup completeThe reference to FS2002 aircraft will be part of the program. It lists all the FS9 aircraft such as the Ford tri-motor etc correctly from FS9.I know that there is a bit of work involved with renaming but it is minimal considering the benefits to be gained until a new version of yRoute becomes available.Remember that if you use yRoute to amend your flightplans you will need to copy the .txt file back to TTools and rename it to the new convention grouping that you are using such as flightplans030528.txtI have had a look at the home site for both AITM and yRoute and there is no reference yet in either of them to any FS9 plans.The new TTools 2.01 is very good indeed. The link to yRoute is listed in TTools readme.htmHope this helps.CheersMike

Mike,Simon is on to this now so i have just sent him a copy of your text as he hasn't got an AVSIM account at the moment so has missed all the goings on!(see my other post in this forum)Traveller

There is a beta 2 version which I am using and so far it seems stable. I have been in touch with Simon and he has a few kinks to work out with TNG'sPlease check his web site for the beta. Bill