Sign in to follow this  
Guest jkramer51

TTools gets 'stuck' when compiling...

Guest Flic1

I have been using the new version of TTools for last couple days and it has been working fine as I've been slowly migrating some flight plans over from 2002. Today, each time I've tried to compile, it gets stuck about 1/4 of the way through when 'sorting traffic secotors". Has anyone else had this problem?? When I hit ctrl-alt-del, it says it is not responding. I have not been able to find a solution. Thnx for any help!

Guest FlyinJ

I'm experiencing a similar situation, except mine goes into the "not responding" state when it is about 1/4 the way through "Creating traffic sector database...".Anyone have any clues? Lee?

Guest Flic1

Yeah, that's the same exact place it's happening to me. Apparently we're the only two having this problem. ????

I have exactly the same problem, TTools is not responding after 25% of compiling process.Anybody else ??

Guest jkramer51

Did anyone contact Lee? I just sent him off an email. I decompiled the 2004 file, removed the non-ga traffic then compiled with no problem. But when I took my aircraft, flightplan, airport files from the 2002, I removed all the 2002 flightplans and planes and removed the @ sign. But got stuck at the 1/4 sorting sectors. On the pai fourm some suggested more ram. I have 512 mgs and I had plenty. Some suggested making small files. But then your having to make sure you have the right planes with the right flightplans. After removing all the 2002 flightplans I only had 7645 plans and 430 planes. Not too many eventhough 99% were weekly. Hope this issue gets resolved.John

Guest Ideas

I just did a test run, with 29,700 flightplans, no problem.(1GB RAM)

Guest FlyinJ

I got it to compile! Here's how:I read in another thread that dividing your FS2002 FlightPlans.txt file into smaller files might help. So I gave it a shot.1) I decompiled my FS2002 traffic.bgl then copied the 3 source files to my TTools for FS2004 folder.2) Opened the FlightPlans.txt file and removed all the stock FS2002 aircraft leaving only the PAI add-ons and a total file size of 8250KB.3) Divided the file into 10 separate files (FlightPlans1.txt, FlightPlans2.txt, etc).4) Renamed FlightPlans1.txt to FlightPlans.txt and did a compile. It looked like it was going to stall again, but eventually, it compiled!5) Went to the FS9SceneryWorldScenery folder and renamed the new Traffic.bgl to Traffic001.bgl.6) Went back to my TTools for FS2004 folder, renamed FlightPlans2.txt to FlightPlans.txt and did another compile. Again, success!7) Repeated steps 4 and 5 renaming each file in sequence until I had finished compiling all 10 files.8) Now my FS9SceneryWorldScenery folder contained 10 trafficxxx.bgl files.9) Fired up FS2004 and low and behold, there they were!I can't help but conclude from this experiment that the "TTools (not responding)" issue has something to do with how much RAM is on your system and maybe even what OS you're running. I only have 512MB of RAM and Windows ME (yes, I know it's about the worst OS as far a memory management goes, but it's what I have until I upgrade to XP) and I don't think that combo can handle my original 8250KB FlightPlans.txt file. When AITM is released, I'll be able to add all the stock FS2004 GA flights.The only other issue I need to resolve now is how to get my PAI aircraft to stop doing go arounds. I read another thread that suggested removing all "@" symbols and I have done that. But still my add-on AI are doing go arounds. I even copied over the .cfg and .air files from the FS2004 B737 into my PAI B737 folders and made the proper mods to correct contact points and lights, but still they go around. I don't get it. If someone could point me to the thread that discusses why this might still be happening, I'd really appreciate it.Cheers,Jeff

Guest FlyinJ

Hold the phone! I think I just figured out my go around problem. It occurs to me that I decompiled my original FS2002 traffic.bgl file (which contained all kinds of "@" symbols) using TTools for FS2004. The resulting FlightPlans.txt file contained TNG1, TNG2, etc., etc. and that is the file I divided into the 10 separate FlightPlansxxx.txt files.I'm off to fix this rediculous error on my part!

Guest Flic1

Thanks for that info, I'll give this a shot. I emailed Lee and sent him my files so he could test it out. He didn't have a problem so it is likely a memory problem on my system (I only have 384mb memory). He said he will be releasing an upgraded version in a few days which uses less memory which might help!

Guest jkramer51

Lee's TTools 2.02 is now in the library. He sent me a copy to try. I compiled My orig pai flight plans which were 8.94 mgs and it compiled just find. If you want smaller files that works, but I had just divided them up so I had my pai traffic. So 1 file is fine for me. I'm keeping it separate from the default traffic file which just has ga flight plans now. Got rid of Orbit, Landmark, etc.John