Sign in to follow this  
Bray

New TTools and TNG's

Guest SoarPics

I recently started playing with TTools... great program. But I'm having a problem getting the AI to actually do a TNG. I've programmed a 172 to depart 0O5 (which has parking) and then do a TNG at 2Q3 (no parking). The first time I ran the scenario the AI 172 did indeed do 1 TNG at 2Q3. It then took off and stayed in the pattern on downwind... but kept on going!!! He didn't do any additional circuits (I followed him in my own 172). Since then I have tried to witness his TNG. I've heard him call position, then enter pattern and call downwind leg. But he just keeps on going!!0O5 is in the original TTools Airports file, but I added 2Q3. I've double checked the Long/Lat and altitude for 2Q3.This is the line in my FlightPlans file:AC#22,N3785,1%,24Hr,VFR,17:00:00,TNG18:00:00,010,R,0000,2Q3,20:00:00,TNG21:00:00,010,R,0000,0O5Any help is greatly appreciated,

Guest Ideas

Not sure, but I think I read that even TNG need parking available.

Guest Joshieca

Lets take a look at your flight plan line...AC#22,N3785,1%,24Hr,VFR,17:00:00,TNG18:00:00,010,R,0000,2Q3,20:00:00,TNG21:00:00,010,R,0000,0O5Your flight plan seems to be fine....just a basic touch and go for one hour at both airports....the only thing I can think of is that your flight plan calls for altitude of only 010 feet....try to change that to like 050 or 060 and see if that helps.The other thing is that do you have enough parking? You should since this plane left the airport, but does anything come in to replace it while its on its TNG.- JDR[div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/ABT/unicom.html]Listen Live - Win Prizes - UNICOM Info Click Here][/b

Guest SoarPics

Thanks, Ideas and Joshieca.Ideas is right (sort of)... no repetitive TNG's at airports without parking. I was able to get the AI to make one TNG at 2Q3 (no parking). He launched from 0O5 (has parking), and flew directly over to 2Q3 (a few minutes away), called his downwind, base, and final, then landed. He then took off, flew the crosswind leg, and entered the downwind for the second TNG. But then he just kept on going. Just for fun I followed him... for almost an hour!!! After 100 miles he flew into the side of a mountain! No, literally, he flew into the mountain... as in Twilight Zone style. Flew in nice and clean, but never came out!!! The NTSB will be scratching their heads over that one.I then made another test at an airport with parking (0O5), and it went just as programmed. FYI for those who might find it helpful... the 010 (1000' AGL) altitude works perfectly. Also, the example TNG line given in the Readme is what I used... just changed the airport and times to suit.Thanks again for the pointers,

>the only thing I can think of>is that your flight plan calls for altitude of only 010>feet....try to change that to like 050 or 060 and see if that>helps.>I think 050/060 would be 5,000 and 6,000ft respectively. 500 would be 005. Reason is 23,000ft would appears as 230 (FL230)In addition I am going out on a limb here, because I have been tinkering with TNG as well, and I think the TNG has a hard pattern altitude built in of 1,000ft AGL. I have a different problem with AI flights taking off from point A and not arriving at point B. I sit and wait and they dont show up :-(. Cant figure this one out yet. If any tips it would be appreciated.Bill

>I have a different problem with AI flights taking off from>point A and not arriving at point B. I sit and wait and they>dont show up :-(. Cant figure this one out yet. If any tips it>would be appreciated.There is some wierdness in the sim itself when using addons. It may be blocked at the origin by an addon that won't take off. Or it may just "freeze." (I had a P-40E that had been flying wonderfully just stop in the middle of the runway after landing. It just sat there, where it had had no problems previously. The tower of course kept telling him to use the next turnoff, while planes stacked up awaiting takeoff, but he just sat there for no apparant reason)

My experience was with default B737. I think it eventually started working when I moved the traffic slider to 100%, but there are still some strange happenings. :-)Thanks for the inputBill