Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

How can I set the cruising speed of my AI?

With other words, which speed does FS2002 take to calculate arrival times.I'm asking, because my problem is that after compiling real world flightplans (e. g. of MRAI) my system sets the arrival time of many flights AFTER the departure time of the subsequent flights of the same AI. This has the effect that all these planes do not show up at these airports.E. g. flights from SYD to HKG, which take a bit more than 9 hrs in the real world, take around 11 hrs in my FS2002. So they arrive after they are supposed to depart for their flight back.I have allready set the cruising altidudes to unrealistic low levels, but I have no effect noted. The only solution, which I found so far, is to set the dearture time of the return or ongoing flights to a later hour, but I would prefer to stick to reald world departure times.Wolfgang

Hi,The cruising speed for the flight plans is in the TTools aircraft.txt file - one of those numbers after the aircraft's name. The TTools docs will tell you which one.If you want your AI planes to really cruise at that speed in FS, then you need to set that in the Reference Speeds section of the plane's aircraft.cfg file.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Hi Tom,Thanks for your reply. I know, that in the aircraft.txt the value following the AC# is the cruise speed. But I thought I had once read somewhere, that these values used in the aircraft.txt actually have no influence on the cruising speed but used for something else (I cannot remeber what).So I'll give it a try tonight and shall also alter the relevant aircraft.cfg files.Regards,Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang:the cruise speed setting in aircraft.txt is used to calculate arrival times; therefore, it's the setting to manipulate if you want your MRAI plans to have AI arrive 'on time'. Alternatively, you can use the '@' symbol to define fixed arrival times (the TTools documentation explains this). However, in either case, it's the arrival of the AI in the active airspace rather than at the airport, so there's always some uncertainty as to the exact arrival time.As to the cruise speed setting in the aircraft.cfg, here's an interesting thread about the effect (or lack thereof) of changing the values:http://projectai.flight1.net/forums/forum_...p?TID=2951&PN=1Cheers, Holger

Tom, Holger,thanks a lot for your hints. I have changed the speeds of the aircrafts concerned in the aircraft.txt file and - just to make it sure - have set the same speeds into the relevant aircraft.cfg files, and ...trara...everyhing works now as it should!Holger, I allways thought the sim will allways calculate the arrival time, no matter to what it is set in the flightplan.txt. Therefor I allways set the ETAs to 00:00:00 in the flightplans I created by myself. Though I have realized that in many flightplans I have downloaded from the web, the "@" is used, but I thought this is only used to give the flightplans more visual structure.I have now checked the TTools version, which I use (I think the first one, which came out), for infos about using this "@" but have not found any. Maybe it is time for an upgrade of my TTools version.Wolfgang