Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ideas

Some Things to Keep in Mind When AFCAD2004 Comes out

Guest Ideas

1. Military Bases _ (Those 'Airports' ending in 'AAF' or 'AFB' Beginning in 'NAS' or 'MCAS' and other such) DO NOT allow Commercial Flights, with the exception of UPS and FEDEX. "Commercial" flights (Military Charters) are Repainted and redesignated "Flying Tiger". It is so annoying to download flightplans and have to get rid of half the traffic. (And a Main reason I will not buy any commercial traffic programs.)2. Excuse me, Abacus and Microsoft, Flight Ops to Aircraft Carriers are NO Permitted under any circumstances within 10NM of land, move those carriers out farther.3. The interior of the Navy C-8 the passenger seats face Aft.

I have to agree with this. Having served in the Navy and spending most of that time in Norfolk, I have yet to see a commercial airliner land there. Although I have seen 747's there from UPS and FedEx. However, air ops are permitted close to shore but only helecopter operations. I'm not sure how close, but I do know that ops were never done on any of the carriers I served on when in the Chesapeake Bay. And since I've been catapulted off of a carrier in a C-8, I can attest that you are indeed facing backwards in the aircraft. Lee Steffensen.

Guest Ideas

Quite a Ride when the CAT fire you off the Deck, huh?

We have charters come in to Cannon AFB whenever we go TDY somewhere (Some desert location, Vegas, Mountain Home, Canada)...and they're just airliners. Sometimes some off the wall one that nobody's ever heard of, but last month we had a Northeastern jet come in to take us up to Vegas and back.

Guest Ideas

The "off the wall ones" I would guess at CIA operated B.O. Companies. As for the Northeastern more than likely a Flying Tiger that had not had it's Paint Job yet. (Even the Flying Tigers Retain their Original Crews so A NEA as a Flying Tiger the crew still wears NEA Uniforms).

Various OUTUS destinations are served by Patriot Express contract airlift from KCHS, KBWI, KATL, KLAX, and KSEA. scott s..

Guest Ideas

Thank YOu for the information...I need to get everything together to make things "As Real As it Gets".While I am at it, I have Never, and I do mean Never seen asphalt used for any military Runway, Now it seems we will be able to correct things when Lee gets the new AFCAD up and out, are there any Asphalt Runways? I know MS made PGUA Asphalt and I know that with the heat there the molten asphalt would pull the tires off the aircraft. (Also the fact that the last time I was through there there was what looked like one big concrete slab that made up both runways and all the taxiways and parking.)

Hi,I just need a quick clarification.The Abacus "Flight Deck 3" carriers are all at least 20 nm from shore. So can you clarify your request regarding flight ops within 10 nm of land as it pertains to Abacus aircraft carriers? Or are you referring to previous versions of "Flight Deck"? (if so, there's no relation between those versions and the carriers in FD3)thanks,RHhttp://www.speakeasy.org/~rhogen/arrestorcables.htm

Guest Ideas

There was at least one in FD3 that was closer than 20NM as a matter of fact it was more like 3nm. I was amazed because the Carrier could not have even turned around if the winds changed.