Sign in to follow this  
Forkboy2

Ttools 2 and aircraft.txt AC#

Started playing with ver 2, and I see that it is possible to have numerous aircraft.txt and flightplans.txt to compile back into traffic_xxx.bgl. If I understand it, the aircraft number only needs to be consistent between the specifc two files that are being compiled, or must aircraft number be globally unique between all traffic.bgl files? Or, if they only have local scope, it appears that projectai type resources tend to reserve aircraft number blocks to specific airlines, so should this convention be continued regardless? Or should a single aircraft.txt file be used for all compiles?scott s..

They have local scope, so nothing is required. However, if you want them to be compatible with other files, then keeping the same numbering is probably a good idea. They don't have to use sequential numbers.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Thanks.We will see when the new AITM 2 comes out, but I assume he will maintain the existing system where all installed aircraft are bumped against a single aircraft.txt and AC#s assigned or changed. It seems like a single aircraft.txt would work best in the AITM environment, though I have always had problems trying to merge flightplans in the project notebook.scott s..

Guest vas_yan

I'd prefer it if AITM just cross checked the numberss of the specific Aircraft.txt against the numbers of the same flightplan.txt. One less thing to worry about. No?Kind regards,

Guest Knikolaes

Either way you will be fine. I have all the PAI installers installed on my machine for 2004 since my Ultimate traffic only works with 2002. I have also flight plans I wrote and installed for Frontier, Great Lakes Aviation, and a few locals here in the KSLC area and I know for a fact many of the numbers are the same as in other files. I did it that way on purpose to make EACH BGL easier to work with.I have flown a lot and confirmed that all AI does appear and work properly -- with the exception that the silly PAI aircraft seem to "go missed" -- a LOT, but that has nothing to do with the numbers.If the numbers conflicted the AC would not appear at all in the simulator :-)Tested -- tried and true :-)Knik