Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ideas

The wait is the hardest part...

Guest Ideas

when "Santa Lee" is coming to town!!!

Guest Ideas

Are more testers needed? I know a Disabled Veteran that has about 18 hours a day to sit in front of his computer......Me!

Guest Ideas

I see the list of Beta Testers and I worry, PAI had their own "agenda" before and the PAI way of doing things made it hard to do Military Airfields correctly...Hope I am worrying for no reason.

I am a beta tester and do not belong to PAI - they only listed the PAI testers there. There are many others too.Hope this helps,

I've been monitoring the test forum, and I have to say, Mr. Gibson, that if it weren't for you and a few select others, that beta would be doomed, lol. I'd like to thank you personally for trying to keep some direction over there, as much as I'd like a copy of the beta, I definitely do not envy your position.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Hi,LOL! I just tell 'em as I see 'em. It might seem like chaos, but it's actually a good thing - each person has their own personal priorities, and thus different parts of the program get tested. It's Lee's job to put it all together for the next beta release - he's the one with the tough job - and he does it so well!Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Ideas

Tom, would Lee like someone to put it through Mil Testin? I am anxious to Make Andersen AFB "As Real as It can Be" (Within the constraints of Microsoft)

Guest Ideas

I just got back from browsing the AFCAD Beta forum, and the PAI group is more involved with "Setting a Standard" than testing the Functuality of the program. I am certainly glad that you are there Tom or AFCAD would be in endless Beta. Sure, PAI wants certain things, but isn't Beta Testing to discover problems within the program and not to decide if we will use a Radius System or not?Just my hapennnies worth...

I can assure you that we are busy trying to find bugs and are also busy testing functionality. The reason you don't see too much discussion about that is because the beta pretty much works like a charm, with only a few minor glitches so far.Yes, we are also trying to come up with some kind of standard to handle the parking situation. This is because the only way it will be possible for one person to design an AFCAD and share it with someone else is if there is a standard both the designer and user can agree upon. The ability of FS2004 to control parking adds a whole new layer of complexity.Unfotunately what will probably end up happening is that there will be several different standards, which means you will only be able to install AFCADs designed by someone using the same standard as yourself. Such is life in the world of Flight Simulator I suppose.Matt Fox PAI

Guest Ideas

There are still bugs, I found 2 in less than 24 hours.Yes, Lee added me on as a Beta Tester...

Guest Knikolaes

This may be a bit off the subject, but yet still related -- Does Lee have a web site? Just curious. I'd love a way to admire and keep track of what he does.Also, I have a VERY awesome system and if anyone, Lee or anyone else, needs anything beta tested, I am more than capable. Right now I sit here right under the glideslope of KSLC with nothing to do because I do not go out. I just work, fly and then come home and - well - simfly :-)My doors are always open to any of you who have stuff that needs weeded out for bugs.Knik