Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frank Betts

Problems saving navaids in Afcad04?

Is anyone else having problems saving their navaids in Afcad04? I can add them fine, they show up, etc, but a save and reload and they're gone. Not to mention AI IFR flights won't show up. If it's an RTFM problem, can you direct my (apparently) blind self to the relevant section?

Guest Frank Betts

That info is located at the bottom of the instructions."IMPORTANT NOTE: This version of AFCAD allows you to examine navaids, BUT ANY NAVAID CHANGES WILL NOT BE SAVED WHEN YOU SAVE THE AIRPORT. The ability to modify and save navaids will be added in a future release.AFCAD can show all navaids that are associated with an airport. When you display an airport in AFCAD you can see all the ILS equipment: localizer, glide paths, DMEs, markers, NDBs and VORs associated with that airport and its ILS approaches. However, AFCAD can't open enroute VOR and NDBs that are not associated with airports."

Oh gawd, it was an RTFM problem. *sigh* So we're IFR-less at modified airports for awhile.

Guest Frank Betts

He He busted! LOL:-smile12

Hi Frank,Downloaded your 15 and 21 foot poles. Used the 15ft with AFW but did have to change the scale to get it down to the ground level. You info indicated it didn't need any change in scale.Very nice light pole however. I will try the 21ft later.W. Sieffert

Guest Frank Betts

By that I mean coming out gigantic as apposed to looking 15' tall. Some macros i download the jolly green giant would be happy with. As for on the ground. It sits level in my test scenery. ARGH!:-(

Yes, it always sat on the ground. It was just quite a few miles high. When I went into AFW, selected the 3dobject, and adjusted the scale on the user parameters (upper-right side) and changed the scale to 0.02, the lightpole was 15ft. It is nice to know that I can adjust the height from within AFW, since I ended up using 0.06 scale.W. Sieffert

Guest Frank Betts

Hmmm that baffles me. I used it against a building that was 10 foot tall. It just rose over it. I use FSSE for scenery making. Your actually the only one who has had problems with that as far as I know. I have had over 320 downloads off my site on that. Now this is bugging me