Sign in to follow this  
RobertVdb

AI traffic taxiing and pushback problem

Guest luxair_ca

hello dear friendsi have following problem at different airports with my ai traffican airport like Luxembourg, ELLX, which has no gates and planes are parked on the ramp, they taxi in the parking spot , and afterwards just can taxi straight out back to the taxyway. but my AI planes, always make a short pushback, and then a sharp turn to join the taxyway via the way they took to get to the stand.is there a way to tell AI traffic not to pushback, but to simply taxi straight out??thanks a lotMarc MullerLuxembourg

The answer is unfortunately no. All planes seem to push back. I know that this is a problem in airports having parking loops for which no pushback is needed. Cheers

Guest coimbra

Hi, Is that possible for example that the aircraft makes a normal pushback like the aircrafts ins real life? Well, something like 90 degrees to the left or right in most of the airports and not curved and more curved ways to get into the taxiway?harpsi

Guest Kingair315

I've had DC3's do a push back at KFUL, then just sit there til they disappeared... Now, believe that it may be solved, by placing the parking just a bit further from the taxiway. Also, by loading the flight sim, and locking it to AFCAD, can see where the buildings are. It may be they back up to a building, and that has something to do with stopping. By checking locations, have moved some parking slightly. Another thing that Ive done is to turn the Parking so it is facing the taxiway, then they dont have to do a pushback...

Ensure that the path from the parking spot goes to the start of the runway and that a separate path goes from the runway exit to the parking spot.George

Sorry, my previous reply was too terse. I've attached a screenshot showing the method. Note, use "Apron taxiways" to the runway and "Normal taxiways" from the runway exit. This makes it easier to ensure that they are distinct due to the different colours. You can overlap the taxiways (and nodes) but make sure that green goes to green and blue goes to blue.GeorgeNote, this example is for a Spitfire and Hurricane which, because they are tail-draggers, need large turning circles. This is why they loop around each other.

And here is one end of the runway showing "Green" to the start, "Blue" from the exit.George

Guest Kingair315

Hi, As Ive never been on a field, have no idea if it is more common to make taxi ways with solid lines on the side, and center, or dashed lines on the sides... Any comments or preferences? Any difference in taxi lines at Commercial fields or GA fields? Are Hold Lines (red dots) placed only at intersections of the taxi and runways, or at junctions where there is a lot of traffic also? Thanks for any help or other ideas also... Bob