Sign in to follow this  
Novastar

AI Traffic Instantly Appears

I'm having trouble with one particular flightplan in FS2004. I set the time 10 minutes ahead of when a scheduled aircraft (PAI B737-200 Westjet) is to arrive. There is no approach or landing at all .. the aircraft just suddenly appears at the assigned parking spot. Another type of aircraft I have assigned going to this spot works fine. Anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be?TIAVern

Hi Vern,Have you checked if the departure time is not before the arrival time in the flightplan for that airport. You should look in the decompiled flightplan in which the true calculated arrivel times are shown. Decrease in that case the a/c speed in the flightplan.Hope that helpsCheers

Thanks Tom and Robert for your suggestions. I forgot about the CTRL+W .. a great feature. The flightplans are from Most Realistic AI Routes and are quite long and daunting to check for arrival/departure times. I checked them with AITM Ver2 and all the flightplans appear OK with the exception it recommends lower FL's Still no luck with finding the problem. As I said the AI Traffic is a PAI B737-200 Westjet. I set the time 20 min before arrival (FL is 360)but no sign of the aircraft with CTRL+W. At about the correct arrival time .. POOF .. the aircraft just magically appears at the ramp. Further, it will not depart.I checked the parking spot with another aircraft (Shorts 360)and the aircraft arrived and departed OK.A real head scratcher Vern

If these flight plans use the @ symbol (shown as "Fixed ETA" in AITM) then there could be another problem. If the arrival time shown is very different from the "calculated" arrival time (based on the speed value in the aircraft.txt file and the distance between airports), then the plane will never arrive, just "appear" at the gate. To check the error, uncheck the "Fixed ETA" box in AITM and see how much the arrival time changes. If it's more than 10-15 minutes, then this is probably the problem. Either change the flight's arrival time or (if lots of that plane's flights never arrive) change the cruise speed entry in the plane's aircraft. cfg file (and in the aircraft.txt file) so the fixed and calculated arrival times are closer together.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Hi TomThanks very much for your help. After hours of troubleshooting it turned out to be a bad AI Aircraft. It was designed to work in FS2002 only and required updating to FS2004. Also there were errors in the aircraft.cfg file. Why it worked in FS2002 I'll never know. Without that CTRL+W reminder I would have never been able to find it.:-lol You latest tips are also very useful.BestVern