Sign in to follow this  
CharlieZ

Aircraft don't move

Guest BobL

Hi AllI have made my first traffic modifications in FS2004. It's my first experience with TT and AFCAD/AFCAD2 both.I added default AI traffic to an airport that didn't have any. The first thing I added was the parking spots. That went well and easier than I thought. All set for Ramp/Small and Ramp/Medium. Then added the flightplans. That was a disaster but I got it done after a week of trial and error with EXCEL and in the end, a good bit of typing.Compiled without event. Started FS, re-built the databases and voila!, the new parking spots have airplanes sitting in them. I was proud of myself...until I realized, none of them ever moved. I removed the default traffic.bgl so that all the airplanes I see are the new ones.I've checked all the taxiway links but no movement. Checked Cntl-W and a few of the new flightplans are in flight but no on-airport movement at all.Would someone kindly lend adviceThanks so muchBobL

Guest Captain Barfbag

A common problem is forgetting that the flightplans.txt file times are in GMT. You may just be at the airport at the wrong time. Also, the first airport in a flightplan line is the ARRIVAL airport, not the departure airport. Again, you need to be at the right place at the right time to see movement.

Download AI Traffic Mover 2.0 from http://www.molitor-home.de/fs/aitm/ and Open your flight plan file. Then go to the Timetable tab and type in your airport's code. Press ENTER. Now you will see a list of the arrivals and departures at your airport in GMT. You may enter the GMT time offset of your airport in the drop down box to convert to local time (you can find that in FS by going to World/Time & Season and looking at the time difference there). Now show up at your airport at those departure times, and you should see them leave. If there are errors, double click that timetable entry and you can edit the flight plan.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Also, if you made any changes in the parking spots using AFCAD, bring up the airport in AFCAD and under tools, use the fault finder to find and correct any faults found.