Sign in to follow this  
CharlieZ

Aircraft Disappear Prior To Taxi

Guest JakeN

I have activated a number of the default FS2004 airfields in my local area using AFCAD2, adding parking, taxiways etc to enable AI activity. No problems with the majority of airfields but with a few, the aircraft disappear as soon as they begin pushback. An IFR flight will get clearance and acknowledge this then vanishes as soon as pushback is initated - with VFR flights the aircraft disappears at the pushback time. The effect is exactly the same as if a parking connector to a parking space that an aircraft is trying to depart from is missing. There is no problem with arriving aircraft - they land, taxi and park as normal, it is when they come to depart that the problem occurs.All parking, taxi and runway connections are OK at the problem airfields - I have checked every aspect that I can think of to find the cause of the problem but without success. I have reached the point where I must ask if anyone else has experienced this situation or if anyone can offer a solution.Any help would be greatky appreciated.

Guest BobL

JakeHi. I'm not an expert..In fact, the farthest from. I've managed to only do one airport so far and it's not exactly working. In so doing, I've done a lot of reading and this para from the Q&A in the AFCAD2 readme might help youAircraft disappear at parking spot when ready to depart. - This it is usually caused by an unconnected taxiway link. Use the Fault Finder tool to locate unconnected links.The fault finder is on the view menu..Good LuckBobL

Guest Captain Barfbag

Is the parking spot connected to a runway via taxiways, and is that runway enabled for takeoff? You could get the symptoms you describe if the parking is connected to a landing-only runway, or if the runway it can get to is not active for takeoff due to wind conditions.

Hi BobL:In my AFCAD the fault finder is under the Tools menu and not the View menu. I am using AFCAD211.