Sign in to follow this  

eDimension 3-D glasses and Windows XP for FS2002

In another thread I asked about persons who used the 3-D glasses in FS2002. There were some very positive responses and some comments about the difficulty of installation. I have been trying for 3 days to install them without any luck though eDimension support has tried to help. So I will rephrase my question more specifically.Has anyone with a GeForce2 Ultra video card and using WindowsXP been able to install these for use with FS2002? If so I would like to communicate with them. I have tried a number of drivers with the Stereo with no success. I suppose there is a "right" driver out there but I haven't been able to identify it. Any help would be most greatly appreciated as I am about to give up and see if I can send them back for a refund.Robert Fisher

I guess the answer to my question is "NO", no one using the forum is successfully using eDimensional 3-D glasses with WindowsXP and the GeForce2 Ultra card. I hate to have to return them, but at the moment I don't see any other alternative.

Guest Toni Rauch

BobI replied to your earlier thread. I have the wireless version and have installed them with no trouble at all using the 'default' nvidia drivers (as well as updated drivers since the original installation). I also have Windows XP and a Ge-Force 2 video card.It might help to know exactly what's going wrong with your installation, but here's an idea -After installing all the software, do a search in Windows XP for "nvrs*.dll" and remove any which come up - they're not needed but if they're on your system, you will not be able to get the glasses software installed correctly.Hope that helps...Toni.

I was at the point of returning them too - but per Edimensional's tech support, I uninstalled and reinstalled FS2002 (yes it is a pain), but the glasses started working fine and have been ever since - even since my Windows XP Upgrade.

Thanks for your reply. In your post in the previous thread I was not sure if you were using WindowsXP or not, and now I know you are so I will keep trying. I did a search on nvrs*.DLL and found 9 files. Guess my next step will be to remove them and test again. Incidentally, I downloaded one of the games on the white disk (Madden football game) and the glasses did not work there either, so I guess it is now FS2002 that is the problem. One wild speculation - since I have the wireless ones also, maybe they shipped them with bad batteries, so I might buy some replacements and try that if all else fails. Again, thanks for your replyRobert Fisher

Travis Do the eDimensional glasses work with Fly!? Thanks. David

I meant to say in my preceding post that I guess that FS2002 is NOT the problem.

I've had endless problems with Nividia 28.32 drivers and above. However, the glasses work fine for me with 23.11 drivers. I suggest you try those if you have not already. Note: use 23.11 main drivers AND 23.11 stereo drivers - works for me, anyway. Good luck.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpgP.S. I meant to state that I use Windows XP with a GeForce 2 - in fact, two GeForce 2s. That's another issue - it took me a long time to work out that two video cards installed (for multiple monitors) means you must run two different drivers for them. My second card now runs on 12.40. Before that, the system - or DirectX - would crash when both cards were trying to access the same driver.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. I'll try those drivers next. Robert Fisher

I found and downloaded the 23.11 main drivers but have not yet located the 23.11 stereo drivers. Location?Thanks,Robert Fisher