Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

How to add ILS for rwy 27 at ksan?

Hi guys I was wondering how to add an ils for rwy 27 at ksan can afcad do this or do I need another program for this. Thanks Dave.

At the moment AFCAD211 cannot do this. You would need to add it using another program, such as Airport for Windows or Flight Simulator Scenery Creator.W. Sieffert

WSieffert:Thanks for the info I was wondering do you run FS 2004 if so did MS install a ILS for rwy 27 at ksan ? Dave.

RW27 ILSIUBR 110.90 ILS HDG 273RW9 ILSISAN 110.90 ILS HDG 093However, the glide slope for RW27 seems to be missing but the localizer works. I don't have the Sectional Charts or the Airport Facility Guide for that area so don't know what the limitations are on the ILS. RW9 ILS works correctly, glide slope/localizer.W. Sieffert

HI Downloaded Airport for Windows and played with it a little bit I'mgoing to have find all the airport info needed to make a new KSAN with ILS for rwy 27 never done this before could be fun!Dave.

Me again:I downloaded a afcad file from Avsim for ksan that has ils for rwy 27 , but I need a program enzkils.exe,and enzkmkb.exe to install the ils. I serached Avsim file library no luck ever heard of these?

They are en2kils, en2kvor and en2kdsb, etc. There is no update for FS2004 though. If you can't find them e-mail me and I'll send them to you, regards, Bob.familton@pacbell.net

The program is EasyNavs by Herve Sors - http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hsors/FS_Soft/index.html but it may or may not work with FS2004.I have a "new" airport called Test Isle, I made with Airport for Windows, in the middle of the South Atlantic (S45,W45) to test different scenery design tools. The airport has one runway with ILS. The ILS works in FS2004 if the ILS runway frequencies are different. If the ILS runway frequencies are identical at both ends, it works in FS2002 but not in FS2004.Again, I don't have the FAA airport data to see if glideslope is provided for runway 27.W. Sieffert

Hi,I live in San Diego so I guess I should stick this into the discussion...First, let me say that I have no problem with people adding an ILS to runway 27 if they want - it's their world.HOWEVER, in real life the approach to 27 only has a Localizer - NO Glideslope. This is due to the terrain and all the large buildings downtown - there are too many reflections when they tried it. So, you must use a DME step down approach with no glideslope info.This is one reason why SAN has a very high missed approach rate (another is that it only has one runway).Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

I use to enjoy waving at tenants on their balconies as I rode by! :DW. Sieffert

Because of the hill to the east where Balboa Park is, a glideslope on 27 will not provide necessary obstacle clearance. 27 is a localizer only approach.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

Hi guys just trying to have a little fun with adding things like an ILS to a rwy. Yes I found riding the ILS down to rwy 27 a wee bit close to some of the terrain I almost landed on the hill just east of the rwy. Oh well I had fun installing the ILS anyway.Dave.