Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

Overlay airport not showing up

Guest Vik

Hello everyone:This might seem like a newbie ques. I own FS 2002, and had been using traffic generated by TTools for more than a year. Now I have a new computer, and have re-installed the FS 2002 on that machine (P4-3ghz, 128 Radeon 9800 Pro, 1 gig Ram, SATA drive 120 G), and after copying the old traffic.bgl to the new computer, I don't have the airport overlays available, and although the Airport list (after decompiling the traffic.bgl) shows the overlays, they are not available in the list when I go to change the airport. The aircraft are all transferred also.Any help would be appreciated. I have tried to recompile the traffic.bgl several times without success. Thanks.

Guest Captain Barfbag

The traffic.bgl file only controls the aircraft. The overlays are stored in various scenery files. To get your overlay airports back, you need to install them with AFCAD. If you generated them yourself and used the Save option, then they will still be on your old disk buried in the scenery files. If you used the Export option, then you will have .txt files containing the overlays somewhere on your old disk. If you downloaded the files and kept them around, they should still be on your old disk as well.Hopefully, you don't have an awful lot of these, because there's a lot of manual work to be done. You can still download any files from the AVSIM libraries if that's where you got them.

Guest Captain Barfbag

If you still have access to your old disk, I think all of the AFCAD mods end up in blahblahblah...FS2002SCENEDBAFDFILESSCENERY. Try backing up that directory on your new machine, and then copy the directory and all its contents over from the old one. This should put all of your old AFCADs back in play.