Sign in to follow this  
Guest ScottPilot

GeForce 4 MX 440

Anyone have this video card. Is it any good?

Hi.Id advise you to get a Geforce 3 TI 200 instead....as even though the Geforce 4 MX has the geforce 4 name its not as powerful as a geforce 3..I think the TI 200 is very cheap now. Youd get better performance from a geforce 3 as the Mx version of the geforce 4 has features taken away which the geforce 3 has and which it doesnt.Im sure other people will advise you the same.Craig

I have a GeForce 4 MX 440 (PNY) in my machine right now, and have no problems with it. I run FS2002 with just about everything maxed and get smooth frame rates. Of course I have a 1.6 ghz P4. It's been my experience that the mobo, processor and memory speeds have far more impact on FS2002 than which graphics card you use.Mike Stone

I had it and it was nothing but trouble. It is based on the geforce 2 chipset. I would advise either getting a geforce titanium series the 4400 is great it is what I run now...My geforce 4 mx 440 went back to the store after 3 days....... Best of luck..

Guest ScottPilot

It depends what else you will be using the card for. Yes, it is not as good as the GF ti 3 or 4 line of cards, but it is less expensive. I use my system for more than just gamming, and for me the Geforce 4 440MX card works very well!I like the fact that I have two standard VGA connectors of the same size on the card, which made using dual monitors a snap for me.If you are a straight gamer, then consider one of the ti line of cards if you can spring the $300 - $375 that they cost. If not, there is nothing wrong with the MX 440 card in my opionion.It just depends on how much you want to spend vs. overall features.There is one technicality with the 440MX cards, as far as FS2K2 is concerned, the reflections and some of the water effects won't work, but since I mainly fly in IMC conditions to shoot approaches, it's not a great issue for me.Also, many other games that I own show reflections very well with the MX 440 card.For me the card works fine, but I'm sure for the hard-core gamer, there are better choices.Happy Simming!Scott :-)My system specs:PIII 1GHZ (Self Built)512 MB SDRAM120GB Hard Drive SpaceDFI Motherboard Via chipsetVisiontek Geforce 4 MX440 64MB Card (Refresh Rate forced @75HZ)Dual 17