Sign in to follow this  
Guest flyingjock1

Floating AI aircraft

Guest Airdog

I have recently installed an add-on scenery for Zurich which results in my parked AI aircraft all floating about 30ft above the ground. I have tried raising the airport's altitude using Afcad, but this does not solve the problem. I am using Ultimate Traffic. Any suggestions gratefully accepted.Airdog

Guest Stamatis

I have tried raising the airport's altitude using Afcad,I think you should try lowering the airport's altitude instead, since your AI float above the airport.Stamatis

Guest Airdog

Thank you Stamatis. You are correct of course. I have tried reducing the airport altitude in Afcad by 60ft with no noticeable difference to the AI planes. Still floating about 50ft above the ground. Any other ideas? Anyone?

Guest Captain Barfbag

Try disabling the add-on scenery. If that fixes your problem, contact the scenery's author.Is this an FS2002 scenery being used in FS2004, or the other way around perhaps? There may be an incompatability with this one.

To avoid this problem, addon scenery must be set at the default FS9 elevation. Contact the author and hopefully he'll issue an update.Hope this helps,

Guest Airdog

Thanks for your input Barfbag, TGibson. The add-on scenery was for FS2002. Just thought I'd give it a try on FS2004 because the default Zurich airport is so poor. Hopefully the developer will release an update.

Guest Stamatis

The problem you describe with the Zurich addon scenery exists in FS2002 too. It was solved by altering the airport height via AFCAD.Stamatis

Guest Stamatis

I thought FS2004 was a step forward?Stamatis

Guest Diamond Dave

I had a similar problem to a scenery and I solved it by adding a flatten command in the scenery.cfg for the scenery causing the problem.This example is for the ISD Project scenery for LIPZFlatten.0=7,N45 35,E12 18,N45 35,E12 22,N45 28,E12 22,N45 28,E12 18Hope this helpsDavid

Guest flyingjock1

Hi ThereHad a problem similar to this with 'sinking ai aircraft'. I downloaded a untility named jabbgl_134445.zip from the avsim library.Its written by a frenchman called Mr Brouze. It basically allows you to go locate where the bgl for the airport is that you want to modify and it will display the appropriate bgl file and allow you to edit and save the elevation. I did this on a scenery i downloaded for Bristol Airport. For eg the designer had set the elevation on the Afcad and scenery as 192.3m and the default scenery had an elevation of 188. something. Using the programme i mentioned above i updated the elevation to match the elevation on the afcad, closed both programmes, booted up FS2004 sat back crossed my fingers and lo and behold the planes had an undercarriage and it was where it should have been. My apologies if it seems im hyping the programme up, but id like to say ive no connection to the author, just that i used it and it seems to work (for me).I think it might also have a bonus for scenery designers amongst us that when locating the airport it shows you the exact name of the bgl file containing the airport. Maybe for people who wanted to narrow down the location of an individual airport for design purposes may be useful, as in the past people were struggling for a way to do this.Hope this information is useful to somebody.TomScotland