Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

"Go To Airport" drop down in FS2002

Guest dmynke

Well, I added a bunch of AFCAD files to FS2002, ran a check on each one in AFCAD, scannec the .bgl files for errors (No errors), BUT Most airports do not list ANY runways, parking locations in the go to airport drop down.....I suspect a bad AFCAD file, but all scans and checks in AFCAD and SCANBGL say there is not a prob. My AI all shows up and I am starting to pull my hair out!!!! John Hogan

Right-click your FS2002 desktop ICON, select properties, and ensure you are NOT using Windows compatibility mode.If the above doesn't fix your problem, return each of the default AFCAD *.bgls by renaming your modified *.bgls from usglaf02.bgl to usglaf02.MODIFIED and usglaf02.ORIGINAL to usglaf02.bgl, for instance. You can do it one at a time backwards or return all of the default and then reverse one at a time forwards. If you return all the default and still have the problem, then your problem may be elsewhere.W. Sieffert

Guest dmynke

I'm using ME, so I have no "switch" for that. Yes, I had backed up my AFD folder. Once I re-enabled it all was well. Looks like I need to install a few at a time and recheck each time. Thanks for your help.John H.>Right-click your FS2002 desktop ICON, select properties, and>ensure you are NOT using Windows compatibility mode.>>If the above doesn't fix your problem, return each of the>default AFCAD *.bgls by renaming your modified *.bgls from >usglaf02.bgl to usglaf02.MODIFIED and usglaf02.ORIGINAL to>usglaf02.bgl, for instance. You can do it one at a time>backwards or return all of the default and then reverse one at>a time forwards. If you return all the default and still have>the problem, then your problem may be elsewhere.>>W. Sieffert

Guest Stamatis

Recompile your traffic using Ttools. This may cure it.Stamatis

Guest Captain Barfbag

That friendly warning from AFCAD that you "must restart FS2002" is real. If you SAVE an AFCAD, you may see exactly what you described (no runways) at a lot of airports until you restart. There is nothing wrong with either AFCAD or the airport file, but FS2002 needs to re-sync with the new AFD file before it will work properly. If you get an error message when you SAVE, then you need to exit FS2002 and SAVE again - the file was NOT saved even though AFCAD then tells you it was.