Sign in to follow this  
Guest flyhi

Military AI planes Wanted and 2 questions

Guest flyhi

Dear simmers,I am looking for military AI planes: F16, F4E.F, F5, C130, Eurofighter,Mirage 2000. Especially for a "good" F16.-For the time i use original military planes for the AI traffic, low framerates. There is a method which you copy the entire folder of the specific aircraft to another location, remove the panel folder (some remove the sound folder as well) rename it, and then copy it back to the default FS Aircrafts folder. Also, some changes has to be done inside the Aircraft.cfg file.Does anyone knows these changes that have to be done inside the Aircraft.cfg file?The military planes (original ones - not AI) i use for the moment, travel in low speed. Mostly 255 knots. Thats bad. Especially during the landing proc. They stall almost alltime.Any idea, way to fix this - if it can be fixed.Have a nice day,nikolas/athens

I believe there is a large package available for New England military AI, which might have planes like that.For your last question, the approach speed is solely deterimined by aircraft weight. If you increase the plane's weight, it will approach faster. You will need to increase the plane's power to compensate. If they are stalling out, increase the wingspan until they do not.All these changes are made in the aircraft.cfg file.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Top Gun

Nic, our military NEMAI has a CFG for Kirk Olsson's F-16. Just use that and Mike Stone's C-130.The NEMAI planes now work dead on as AI, if you have any questions please let me know as I did the flightplans and afcads for that project so I'm very familiar with it :)

Guest flyhi

Thank you for helping.I use Kirk's F-16 already (for AI trafic also), if i could do that without the frame loss and better flight perform. as an AI plane as well would be ideal. I'll check it out and let you know Dave. Thank you very much.Have a nice evening, nikolas.

Guest flyhi

Hello Dave,Could you give me the link to the CFG file please ?I tryed the i3dteam address but it's restricted.Thanks,nikolas

Guest flyhi

Hi Dave,I found/downloaded the namai1.zip which -among others- contains the F16/C130 zip files. First of all, congratulations - it's a perfect project you have done.I tryed the F16 (as AI mil trafic)and:-Better flight performance, no stall during flight. Sometimes the aircraft stalls during the landing proc. but immediately recovers.-The cruising speed remains low. No more than 300 knots in various distances, altitudes (between departure/arrival airports).-Also, I downloaded the afterburner effect. Is really cool to see the afterburner effect at AI planes. But, at least in my case, the AI aircraft has no lights (during take off,cruise,landing).Propably, there is a conflict at aircraft or panel cfg file (effects). I couldn't locate it though.Have a nice day,nikolas

Guest Top Gun

Nikolas, thanks for the nice comments about the package.Regarding the AI lights, check your settings on the game to make sure they are all checked. http://community.webshots.com/photo/105407...108523719sRvLFIas you can see here I am following 2 Otis F-15's which have their lights on so they should work.Sorry I haven't been in the forums lately.

Guest flyhi

Hello Dave.Thank you for answering back. Always appreciated - do not sorry.I check the settings and everything seems ok. Could you please be more specific ? What exactly sould i look for, just in case that i missed it.I heard (do not know if it is true) that there is a speed limitation for AI traffic planes under a certain altitude (10.000 or 5.000 ft lets say). Do you know about that ? If this is true, is there any way to override this limitation ?Thanx once again for yr time and help,have a nice day, nikolas/athens/hellas

Guest flyhi

Hi Dave. I have posted 10 screen captures in 2 sets (named HAF f-16 over Aegean sea and HAF f-16 over Aegean sea Vol.2) at the screen shots forum. They are not with AI military planes, me and my friend (nr2) have taken these captures during our multiplayer sessions. We practice on dogfights or fly low hiding and other.nikolas

Guest flyhi

Thank you crater. I'll try it.nikolas