Sign in to follow this  
Guest DannyW

dual, non-parallel runways

Guest ha5mvo

hi,does anyone know of a way to have two, non parallel runways active?I'm trying to modify the LLBG afcad so that A/C would be able to take off from Rwy 26 and land on 12. FS however insists on using only 30/12 (the shorter of the two).Normaly 12 is closed for T/O. When I try closing 30 as well (in an attempt to force departures to 26 - the only rwy remaining open) FS just ignores the closure of 12 and directs takeoffs to that runway.Anyone with an idea?Thanks//Mike

Hi Mike:the only way to address this that I know of is to set up overlays. It's pretty frustrating that there doesn't seem to be a way to close runway directions in AFCAD2 (at least not yet) but that's the way it is.I've done a few overlays for my AI chopper "heliports" and they work fine. Just make sure that the pink airport reference markers are close to the overlay's runway (and run CollectAirports.exe every time you move them around), otherwise there might be some AI confusion ;-)Cheers, Holger

Guest waltch

Hi MikeThis is indeed a big step back from FS2002 and first hopes to get something working at airports with non parallel runways (and also crossing runways) when AFCAD2 came out did not materialize.Presently it seems that we have to wait for FS2006, which is really frustrating.Refer also to this thread at the PAI-Afcad-Forum:http://www.flightsimmer.com/forums/showthr...=&threadid=9002Walter

Guest DannyW

Sad but so far it's not possible :(