Sign in to follow this  
Guest Basil

GA_Maker Traffic in FS9?

Guest Basil

I just installed FS9 this morning, and face the daunting challenge of recreating the elaborate flying environment that I have created for FS2002. I have a lot of GA traffic/flightplans for FS2002 that I created with GA_Maker. Are these flightplans compatible with FS9. And what about AFCAD files? I know there is a new AFCAD, and that there are some features of FS9 facilities not compatible with FS2002. I'm going to get the new AFCAD, and presumably I'll learn something reading the docs. But any insight anyone can give on whether I can use my old flightplans will be appreciated.-Basil

Guest Basil

I just installed ttools for FS9, and can answer one question. My old flightplans compiled nicely into a separate traffic.bgl.But not all my traffic is actually present in FS9, and I'm sure that is because of all the AFCAD files I had installed.So, the question now is whether older AFCAD files can be installed with the new AFCAD tool for FS9. E.g., I realize the new AFCAD files cannot be used in FS2002, but can FS2002 AFCAD files be used in FS9?-Basil

Hi Basil:Tom is right but here's a tip to reduce the pain.1. Open both AFCAD 1.4 and AFCAD 2.21 and place them side-by-side.2. Load the airport you want to "transfer"3. Double-click on the runways, gates, tower, airport reference, etc., and highlight each field in AFCAD 1.4. and copy & paste into AFCAD 2.21Obviosuly this doesn't give you the taxiways, gate assignments, and some other details, or any of the new visual elements but I find it a quick start and less daunting than starting from scratch.Cheers, Holger

Guest Basil

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try.